Dropped my Droid in water,tried to turn it on-any hope of recovery for my phone?

that*glam*cat

New Member
Joined
May 16, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Yeah, so, I am a moron. I dropped my Droid in a glass of water, and it was completely submerged. After taking it out, I removed the cover, battery, and card. I wiped off all the water I could see, then put it back together in a panic and tried to turn it on. The camera flash blinked a couple of times, and then nothing.


Is there ANY hope that after drying out it might work again? Or is it most likely shorted out and ruined?


On top of all this, I didn't get insurance on my phone when we bought them only two months ago, but my smart a** told my husband that he needed do so on his because he tends to drop his phone a lot. So, not only am I a b*tch, but a stupid b*tch! :)


Oh, and my dog died this week. Seriously.


~TGC
 

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
2,645
Reaction score
0
Unfortunately when that happens you are supposed to let the phone/battery dry out for days before trying to power it up.
 

Bxrider117

Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
455
Reaction score
0
Location
Back in NYC 4 good!!!
It has never happened to me, but i heard putting your phone in a bowl of uncooked rice works. The rice is suppose to absorb the water. If you do not believe me google it. I hope it helps.
 

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
11,106
Reaction score
27
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It has never happened to me, but i heard putting your phone in a bowl of uncooked rice works. The rice is suppose to absorb the water. If you do not believe me google it. I hope it helps.

Read the link I posted in the 2nd post.

Rice does not work.
 

gmmurphy

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2010
Messages
302
Reaction score
2
Location
woods of ct and ma
in the toilet here, followed the how to dry a droid never came back, i was wondering if the battery was still good for a spare so i am charging as i type. im afraid thats all its worth. good luck.
 

takeshi

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
4,573
Reaction score
0
then put it back together in a panic and tried to turn it on.
Well, you certainly reduced your odds.

Always remove the battery and cards as quickly as possible and leave them out until the device is entirely dry (this can take days). I'd consider writing off the device at this stage. Try to remember the rule of thumb above for next time.
 

Droid101

Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2009
Messages
688
Reaction score
1
Location
New York State
in the toilet here, followed the how to dry a droid never came back, i was wondering if the battery was still good for a spare so i am charging as i type. im afraid thats all its worth. good luck.

Usually once the battery is put in water it is shot. There is always that chance it may still work so Id give it a try.

Also for the original poster usually once a phone has been exposed to water damage (depends on how bad) there isn't a great chance of bringing it back. All I have heard is the rice but even if you dry it out it still might of did damage.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU!
 

tgs3838

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
95
Reaction score
1
Well this happened to me a week ago. I feel in some water and the phone was under water for like 5-10 seconds. When i got out my music was still playing. But took battery out quick as i could. Let it dry for 6-7 hours. turned it on and it worked fine. Still had some water in the screen. So i took battery back out. Let it dry over night. Worked great for about a week. Till i dropped it in water and couldn't find it a few days ago. But these guys know more than I do. But i think you still have a chance of it working. Just let it dry out a little. I did the same thing as you. I let it sit for and hour and put battery back in. And it didnt work. Just red lights came on. But after few more hours or drying it worked ok.
 
Top