HTC Merge Heads to the FCC

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-merge-manual-fcc.jpg

A few days ago we shared with you some new details, including full specs, about the HTC Merge. Today we got confirmation that it has gone to the FCC for approval, and is destined for Verizon, as we suspected.

Over at our sister-site, MergeForums.com, JohnDroid made a good comment about the nice keyboard and layout on this phone, and I have to agree with him. The internals may not be amazing but I like the overall design, plus this phone would be really handy for global traveling, since it comes with Global 3G roaming. I guess that Spring 2011 timeframe is closer than we thought for this phone that many thought was just 'vaporware.'

Source: MergeForums.com via Engadget

sb1831

Reaction score
htc-merge-manual-fcc.jpg

A few days ago we shared with you some new details, including full specs, about the HTC Merge. Today we got confirmation that it has gone to the FCC for approval, and is destined for Verizon, as we suspected.

Over at our sister-site, MergeForums.com, JohnDroid made a good comment about the nice keyboard and layout on this phone, and I have to agree with him. The internals may not be amazing but I like the overall design, plus this phone would be really handy for global traveling, since it comes with Global 3G roaming. I guess that Spring 2011 timeframe is closer than we thought for this phone that many thought was just 'vaporware.'

Source: MergeForums.com via Engadget

I'll laugh when this gets released before the Thunderbolt.

J

JohnDroid

I'll laugh when this gets released before the Thunderbolt.

You say that like it's funny ;) It's sad... because the Thunderbolt hasn't been pushed back as much as this phone. It was supposed to be released last year -- so on the grand scheme of things I think this is a much better example of how NOT to release a phone as opposed to the Thunderbolt.

MsJones

Reaction score
This was the phone I originally wanted but it went to Alltel I think and then I heard it was not coming to verizon. That's when I went ahead and got the Droid 2. I wanted an Android phone with a keyboard. I've gotten use to my keyboard but I prefer HTC sense over motoblur.

Do any of you all know what kind of processor it has? I heard 800mhz...is this correct?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DaWolf85

Reaction score
This was the phone I originally wanted but it went to Alltel I think and then I heard it was not coming to verizon. That's when I went ahead and got the Droid 2. I wanted an Android phone with a keyboard. I've gotten use to my keyboard but I prefer HTC sense over motoblur.

Do any of you all know what kind of processor it has? I heard 800mhz...is this correct?

Unless they've changed it in the... what, 5 months since it was supposed to have been released?
I think this will end up being one of the midrange Androids when it is released.

MsJones

Reaction score
Okay cool because I was almost felt I should've waited but I think I did good with the Droid 2

Hyposprayer

Reaction score

What's funny is I think the biggest reason that this phone has had so much hype is 1. HTC and 2. Slide-out QWERTY Keyboard. As great as SWYPE is, I think we need more Android phones with physical keyboards. Some people, like me, have big thumbs and even SWYPE can't help it when I try to type a letter and end up mashing the corners of four more letters...

Also, even with the specs not being that impressive, it's still lightyears ahead of my HTC Eris.

MsJones

Reaction score
I have long nails so me and SWYPE just wasn't mixing. I too think we need more Android phones with keyboards. Overall I am satsified with my phone. The keyboard takes getting use to but once you do its good.

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
I have long nails so me and SWYPE just wasn't mixing. I too think we need more Android phones with keyboards. Overall I am satsified with my phone. The keyboard takes getting use to but once you do its good.

+1 agree! Would be nice if they were slightly more ergonomic too...

Sent from my GSBv1.8 ERIS using DroidForums App