Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well we posted these pics a while ago, but it seems some new developments have come up today.

A report on an HTC device with LTE and CDMA radios landed at the FCC thismorning. According to Droid-Life.Com, based on test results, they are certain this is the vigor. The model number matches the one we saw when it received WiFi certification. So with this next-gen HTC device receiving all sorts of certifications as well as a filing at the FCC it looks like its on its way.

As for specs, it will have a 4.3″ HD screen, 1.5GHz dual-core processors, dual-cameras, no kickstand, 4G LTE support, Android 2.3.4, Sense 3.5 and Beats by Dre audio enhancements (which could just mean a pair of headphones). Other reports indicate that the headphones will be included with the phone but this has not been verified.

Rumored Release Date: October 6

Via: Droid-Life.Com

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Cool! Was hoping for at least a 4.5 inch display tho. At least it's 720p!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if this is going to be Droid branded? Droid Vigor? From the look of it, it has Droid written all over it. Looks awesome. Here's hoping for great (errr, good, ok ok, decent?) battery life!

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Has anyone heard if this is going to be Droid branded? Droid Vigor? From the look of it, it has Droid written all over it. Looks awesome. Here's hoping for great (errr, good, ok ok, decent?) battery life!

Those are just watermarks droid-life put on the photos if that's what you mean.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Beats by Dr Dre speakers!
Now there adding bloatware in the hardware!

LOL why beats?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
No, it's just an HTC phone...not a Droid. These are the same photos from last time o.o

Now it's between this and the Prime, which is rumored for Oct. 8th isn't it?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
No, it's just an HTC phone...not a Droid. These are the same photos from last time o.o

Now it's between this and the Prime, which is rumored for Oct. 8th isn't it?

Yep same photos, just a bit more info on it going through the FCC process. Looks like a nice device.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
If I was going to get a new phone this fall, (im not) it'd be the Prime.
The Vigor will probably have the slower snapdragon processor and bad battery life.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
If I was going to get a new phone this fall, (im not) it'd be the Prime.
The Vigor will probably have the slower snapdragon processor and bad battery life.

1.5 GHz MSM8660. You know just because one or two phones had bad life doesn't mean they all do. Companies do learn from mistakes as well and do change...Stop generalizing.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
1.5 GHz MSM8660. You know just because one or two phones had bad life doesn't mean they all do. Companies do learn from mistakes as well and do change...Stop generalizing.

I'm not generalizing.
Pretty much every HTC phone I have ever used has had bad battery life. It seems right to assume this will too.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I'm not generalizing.
Pretty much every HTC phone I have ever used has had bad battery life. It seems right to assume this will too.
From you're signature, it seems you've used two. I've never heard anyone complain about battery life on the Incredible, if anything, everyone I know loves it. As for the Thunderbolt...that's a different story. HTC didn't include a way to disable 4G so whenever you were out of a 4G area, it just drained the battery looking for a signal. Kinda like what happens when you go into a dead zone and your phone is constantly looking for 3G.

y0manda

Reaction score
From you're signature, it seems you've used two. I've never heard anyone complain about battery life on the Incredible, if anything, everyone I know loves it. As for the Thunderbolt...that's a different story. HTC didn't include a way to disable 4G so whenever you were out of a 4G area, it just drained the battery looking for a signal. Kinda like what happens when you go into a dead zone and your phone is constantly looking for 3G.

Exactly, after the update my battery lasts about 29 hrs

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
Now this I look forward to. Hopefully a lot of developers get to work on this.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those are just watermarks droid-life put on the photos if that's what you mean.

Obviously there are watermarks on the photos, that's not what I'm talking about. When I said it has Droid written all over it, that was a figure of speech, meaning this device fits the look of a Droid device. Looks like an offspring of the Dinc. I was asking if there's been any word if this will be a straight up HTC device (like Thunderbolt) or a Droid device. Looks like people are saying this will be straight up HTC.