First Images of the HTC Vigor Hit the Web

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this mean my Beats headphones would finally work good with this.. it sucks you can only use it's features with the iPhone/iPod Touch.

RaptorKC

Reaction score
This article explains a little about the differences between Qualcomm's chips andd a9 chips:

Third-Generation Snapdragon: The Dual-Core Scorpion : HP TouchPad Review: A Tablet For Productivity?

Thanks for the read. I think we'll need some updated benchmarks. if the Vigor is using the 8660 like the EVO 3D, but clocked higher, it should be pretty good.
here's some recent benchmarks
AnandTech - HTC EVO 3D vs. Motorola Photon 4G: Choosing the Best Sprint Phone

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
This or the rumored Samsung phone, which is probably the Nexus Prime. The Bionic is just ugly..

Reaction score
This or the rumored Samsung phone, which is probably the Nexus Prime. The Bionic is just ugly..

Don't understand the Bionic at all. If people want to buy it a month before something better comes out then whatever

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

alboboy10

Reaction score
I think the vigor is going to be an amazing phone. With androids htc is the way to go I think. It's far smoother. Way better looking. The screens are better. Easier to use. The experience is just so different. Call quality though I think motorola might be better.

Also, on the tests from above notice how the thunderbolt on 3g talk time is very high up the list! On 4g with use low. And wifi enabled not bad! Considering the thunderbolt has a tiny battery on it, ginormous screen and 4g I still don't understand why people think it's a failure.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone is beautiful, I can't wait to try it on in store before I make up my mind on what my next phone will be. Simply going by looks though I do like this far more than the Bionic. Performance will have to be judged in person for me.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Don't understand the Bionic at all. If people want to buy it a month before something better comes out then whatever

[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
Waiting for the Vigor...
Same here, Moto really screwed up on this one. If they had released it in June like they originally said, it would've been a lot better. Most of the devs that would've worked on are probably going to skip it since the Prime and Vigor are going to be released a couple of months after it. I feel like it's going to be like the X2. Only 1 or 2 devs that aren't really creating roms, just tweaking the stock roms. Unless Moto unlocks the Bload right away, it isn't going to sell as good as it could.

Reaction score
Same here, Moto really screwed up on this one. If they had released it in June like they originally said, it would've been a lot better. Most of the devs that would've worked on are probably going to skip it since the Prime and Vigor are going to be released a couple of months after it. I feel like it's going to be like the X2. Only 1 or 2 devs that aren't really creating roms, just tweaking the stock roms. Unless Moto unlocks the Bload right away, it isn't going to sell as good as it could.

Gotta support you on that one, didnt make sense to me in the first place as to why people wanted the bionic over the thunderbolt anyway. Dual core is the only thing I see the difference and hell the Droid 3 has dual core. Personally the bionic seems like a waste of money since all it really is is a combination of the Droid 3 and x2 hardware with 4g and a laptop feature that no ones going to use anyway

[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
Waiting for the Vigor...

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
October is still Speculated!!! Do not be surprised if this phone does not get released in October... It might not come out until after CES 2012... Just don't get your hopes up for an October release. Yes it looks like a great phone on paper... But like I said earlier If it has bad battery life it will still stink.

I was just thinking the TB had leaked pictures out around this time last year. It was released after it was shown at CES.

Last edited:

y0manda

Reaction score
Don't let the 1.5GHz clockspeed fool you on the Vigor. Sure it's clocked higher than the Bionic is but it's still using an older Cortex A8 based architecture processor. The OMAP4 in the Bionic, and even the Tegra 2, are both based on Cortex A9 architecture which means that even with a lower clockspeed they should perform equal, if not better. If you were to overclock the Bionic to 1.5GHz it would easily outperform the MSM8660 in the Vigor. Essentially, the Vigor is an overclocked EVO 3D with an HD screen.

Where did you get your source on the Cortex A8? Or are you just speculating?

Reaction score
October is still Speculated!!! Do not be surprised if this phone does not get released in October... It might not come out until after CES 2012... Just don't get your hopes up for an October release. Yes it looks like a great phone on paper... But like I said earlier If it has bad battery life it will still stink.

I was just thinking the TB had leaked pictures out around this time last year. It was released after it was shown at CES.

The road map leaked the 6th, all the specs are leaked, it just recieved it's Bluetooth 3.0 certification, the device said sense 3.5 and sense 3.5 details just came out, was leaked on a retailers site...what makes you think that this release will push past October 6th?

Vzw and HTC have learned their lesson from their last terrible release. Not to mention this device is succeeding the thunderbolt so that means no 4G problems before launch that will push the phone any further than the release date that has already been set.

[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
Waiting for the Vigor...

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The road map leaked the 6th, all the specs are leaked, it just recieved it's Bluetooth 3.0 certification, the device said sense 3.5 and sense 3.5 details just came out, was leaked on a retailers site...what makes you think that this release will push past October 6th?

Vzw and HTC have learned their lesson from their last terrible release. Not to mention this device is succeeding the thunderbolt so that means no 4G problems before launch that will push the phone any further than the release date that has already been set.

[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
Waiting for the Vigor...

What retailer site? Also You talk about road map there was so many road maps for the Bionic with different dates. So to me that is still a Speculated date. I do not believe this phone will be out before late 4th Q. This is my opinion. There has been no proof that they fixed the battery issue. So until some proof comes out I will say it is all speculation until something solid comes forth.