First Images of the HTC Vigor Hit the Web

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Rule all machines! *small print:(Except the Vigor or coarse, that machine will crush you like an ant!)

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think the red circle around the camera is a great idea, it gives the subject, if a person, something to focus on.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
+1 on the necessity to edit in the news, it's ridiculous.

Rule all machines! *small print:(Except the Vigor or coarse, that machine will crush you like an ant!)

The only thing the Vigor has on the Bionic is clock speed, screen resolution, and Beats Audio, right? Honestly not that huge of a difference given the additional battery use the Vigor will yield due to it's impressive high resolution screen. Personally I'd rather have a hacked Bionic than a regular Vigor for this reason... though the audio upgrade would be nice.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

The only thing the Vigor has on the Bionic is clock speed, screen resolution, and Beats Audio, right? Honestly not that huge of a difference given the additional battery use the Vigor will yield due to it's impressive high resolution screen. Personally I'd rather have a hacked Bionic than a regular Vigor for this reason... though the audio upgrade would be nice.

I think 50% of the ram on the Bionic will be partioned off for use with that webtop/laptop deal. So it will operate with only 512mb. Also, when the Vigor gets hacked, it should comfortably run between 1.8 and 2 G's!

hatchin

Reaction score
If this phone has an HDMI out on it I will get it but if not the Bionic will be my choice. Having an HDMI out is very handy!

coldhardtruth

Reaction score

biggest diff is the vigor is htc, not GARBAGE motorola. ;)

Sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible Obsession

alboboy10

Reaction score
At least the people who were laughing and saying this would be a tablet, now can think again.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think 50% of the ram on the Bionic will be partioned off for use with that webtop/laptop deal. So it will operate with only 512mb. Also, when the Vigor gets hacked, it should comfortably run between 1.8 and 2 G's!

This rumor is still going around? People only think this because this was sort of the case with the Atrix. This WILL NOT be the case for the Bionic. It will use all 1gb of RAM.

BTW I'm liking the look of it. I'm still going for the Bionic but the Vigor (Incredible HD) looks nice.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Beats audio kills it in my opinion. Thing needs S-Off/open bootloader so you can push cyanogenmod and custom recovery to it. Until someone finds a way to disable beats audio, Bionic crushes it like an ant. D1 speaker was the best :laugh:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This rumor is still going around? People only think this because this was sort of the case with the Atrix. This WILL NOT be the case for the Bionic. It will use all 1gb of RAM.

BTW I'm liking the look of it. I'm still going for the Bionic but the Vigor (Incredible HD) looks nice.

How do you know for sure? Not choosing sides but we can't be too sure without experiencing it. We'll have to wait for the release of the BIONIC to confirm this

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Beats audio kills it in my opinion. Thing needs S-Off/open bootloader so you can push cyanogenmod and custom recovery to it. Until someone finds a way to disable beats audio, Bionic crushes it like an ant. D1 speaker was the best :laugh:

What makes you think BEATS audio is gona be able to be disabled? Its not like an extra app or something its integrated in the hardware.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you know for sure? Not choosing sides but we can't be too sure without experiencing it. We'll have to wait for the release of the BIONIC to confirm this

I don't save every source from everything I hear but this is something I know. Why would you assume it has been split in half? Just because it can use the lapdock?

matt2783

Reaction score
I don't save every source from everything I hear but this is something I know. Why would you assume it has been split in half? Just because it can use the lapdock?

He's not assuming anything,he is just saying he can't be sure. I never read anything that said it would use all 1gb.