Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The phone looks Great!!! But if it has the same battery issues that HTC brings then I will pass.. I am going to get the Bionic but I have another upgrade also. I might us it for the prime if it comes to Verizon or the Droid HD.. Battery life is major for me and so for HTC stinks in that department... What is the use of haveing a great phone like this and can only use it for 3 - 4 hours then the batteries gone. Does not make sense to me. To those that unlock it and ramp it up to 2.0ghz then 1 -2 hrs of battery life..;)

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No kickstand covering the speaker this time, so thats good. And looks like I notice maybe some noise cancellation mics on the back at the bottom?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
That phone won't even need root. Just for battery maybe otherwise it'll be far superior to the bionic performance wise...rooted bionic or not.

Every phone needs root IMO, the benefits are great for everyone in every way. But I just don't agree with you at all, why is .5ghz going to be far superior for performance? Is it going to open Google Maps .0138 seconds faster than EVER BEFORE? I just don't follow what the hell you're doing with your phone that would need this. Is your Droid hacked to emulate a PS3 so you can run Folding@home or something?

The CPU is no longer the bottleneck of performance unless you need a high end gaming rig, in which case it's probably still not the bottleneck. I'd even go for another half gig of RAM before I'd go for a 3.5ghz DC CPU in a phone, that way I could experience actual performance advantages instead of showing off my benchmarks. Learn about things like bus speeds, cache size, instruction sets, pipelining, predictive branching, multiple cores, and which bottlenecks are where in a computer instead of falling for a Ghz drag-race marketing ploy to get you as an uneducated consumer to buy a product.

sb1831

Reaction score
How do you know for sure? Not choosing sides but we can't be too sure without experiencing it. We'll have to wait for the release of the BIONIC to confirm this

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

What makes you think BEATS audio is gona be able to be disabled? Its not like an extra app or something its integrated in the hardware.

Like I said I'm not choosing sides so therefor I didn't make an assumption. We can't rely on sources who claim to know everything. Like I said, we just have to wait for the device to be in OUR hands to really be sure about things.

For someone not trying to pick sides you sure come across like an HTC fanboi after those other two comments. As for the bolded part, that's ALL the the news team does here. You rely on other sources and then pop on some absolutely absurd title to the thread to stir up site hits.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You are correct to a point. No single website is going to be the first to break every single story, so therefore the majority of sites follow the same practice and share the same information. Thats why its called a 'community'. Every site has their share of being first with a story, some more then others.

Bottom line is that its getting the info out no matter which site you prefer...

Last edited:

sb1831

Reaction score
How do you know for sure? Not choosing sides but we can't be too sure without experiencing it. We'll have to wait for the release of the BIONIC to confirm this

What makes you think BEATS audio is gona be able to be disabled? Its not like an extra app or something its integrated in the hardware.

You are correct to a point. No single website is going to be the first to break every single story, so therefore the majority of sites follow the same practice and share the same information. Thats why its called a 'community'. Every site has there share of being first with a story, some more then others, bottom line is that its getting the info out no matter which site you prefer...

Agreed, and it really wasn't meant to be personal against Malvado, but some of the news team seems to enjoy starting threads with titles that are blatantly wrong or a blatant attempt to stir things up. Besides someone had to play Devil's advocate against the Devil's advocate...

sb1831

Reaction score
Agreed, and it really wasn't meant to be personal against Malvado, but some of the news team seems to enjoy starting threads with titles that are blatantly wrong or a blatant attempt to stir things up. Besides someone had to play Devil's advocate against the Devil's advocate...

Seriously CAN WE GET EDIT IN THE NEWS SECTION? THERE'S NO REASON NOT TO HAVE IT! Why the eff is multi qupte still enabled after making a post, someone needs to fix that.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Every phone needs root IMO, the benefits are great for everyone in every way. But I just don't agree with you at all, why is .5ghz going to be far superior for performance? Is it going to open Google Maps .0138 seconds faster than EVER BEFORE? I just don't follow what the hell you're doing with your phone that would need this. Is your Droid hacked to emulate a PS3 so you can run Folding@home or something?

The CPU is no longer the bottleneck of performance unless you need a high end gaming rig, in which case it's probably still not the bottleneck. I'd even go for another half gig of RAM before I'd go for a 3.5ghz DC CPU in a phone, that way I could experience actual performance advantages instead of showing off my benchmarks. Learn about things like bus speeds, cache size, instruction sets, pipelining, predictive branching, multiple cores, and which bottlenecks are where in a computer instead of falling for a Ghz drag-race marketing ploy to get you as an uneducated consumer to buy a product.

I wasn't saying that because of the processor. Htc just makes smoother phones that's a fact. Just like motorola has better battery management.

mjforte

Reaction score
Don't let the 1.5GHz clockspeed fool you on the Vigor. Sure it's clocked higher than the Bionic is but it's still using an older Cortex A8 based architecture processor. The OMAP4 in the Bionic, and even the Tegra 2, are both based on Cortex A9 architecture which means that even with a lower clockspeed they should perform equal, if not better. If you were to overclock the Bionic to 1.5GHz it would easily outperform the MSM8660 in the Vigor. Essentially, the Vigor is an overclocked EVO 3D with an HD screen.

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Cool looking phone hopefully they make the speaker loud. My inc2 is really quiet when trying to listen to some videos/songs

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
For someone not trying to pick sides you sure come across like an HTC fanboi after those other two comments. As for the bolded part, that's ALL the the news team does here. You rely on other sources and then pop on some absolutely absurd title to the thread to stir up site hits.

Lmao really. Me an HTC fanboy. In what way do those comments point out the fanboy in me. If you didn't read my sig you can clearly see I have a Droid 3. And about the news, every source titles their articles in a way to get attention. If you don't like the way droidforums handles news, then I suggest you find another forum. Have a good day.

Last edited:

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Where have you seen that the Vigor will be using the old A8??? That's a major fail if so. It better not be.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where have you seen that the Vigor will be using the old A8??? That's a major fail if so. It better not be.

Don't quote me on this but I believe that's what qualcomm uses for their cpus. I can't find any info of their cpus being based off the A9 and we knows the Vigor is going to be 1.5GHz dual core snapdragon with an Adreno 220 GPU.