Mysterious HTC Device With LTE Lands at the FCC, It’s Definitely the Vigor

jseah

Reaction score
My fiancee's Dinc gets much better battery life than my OG Droid. She averages 20-30 hours (depending on usage, usually fairly heavy) per charge on her 1750 battery. I would gladly switch her but I don't want to stick her with my dying Droid.

I'd be willing to bet that HTC stepped up the battery life considerably for the Vigor, over the abysmal Blunderbolt. The dual cores, plus tech advances, and gb have probably helped tremendously.

I'm certain that either the Vigor or the Prime will be my next phone, just have to play the waiting game. A button-less Prime is mighty tempting though, since going forward devices getting ICS may look a bit silly with redundant capacitive buttons.

My guess is that it will most likely come with a larger stock battery as well. The stock Thunderbolt battery is 1390 mAh, the stock Bionic battery is 1785 mAh, the stock Charge battery is 1600 mAh, and the Revolution is 1500 mAh.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it will most likely come with a larger stock battery as well. The stock Thunderbolt battery is 1390 mAh, the stock Bionic battery is 1785 mAh, the stock Charge battery is 1600 mAh, and the Revolution is 1500 mAh.

I'm thinking that too. The 1390 was laughable. Anything over 1700 should help tremendously. Can't wait to hear more details.

jseah

Reaction score
Ye I know. But you made a reference to the first incredible and the only problem that had was battery...which is basically the issue with the thunderbolt. I have my hopes up that the same will happen with the vigor

My daughter has the Incredible 1 (we bought it for her used) and she has both the stock battery and the Seidio slim extended battery. She uses the phone constantly to text, Facebook, etc. and the battery only lasts her until just after dinner time. She's gotten into the habit of keeping a charged spare battery with her to swap out as needed.

alboboy10

Reaction score
My daughter has the Incredible 1 (we bought it for her used) and she has both the stock battery and the Seidio slim extended battery. She uses the phone constantly to text, Facebook, etc. and the battery only lasts her until just after dinner time. She's gotten into the habit of keeping a charged spare battery with her to swap out as needed.

That's not bad at all considering she uses it a lot. Plus the Inc 1 was known for a not so great battery.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
My gf has an Incredible (stock), and I'd say her battery life is slightly worse than my D1. I can usually get about 18 hours of moderate use with Chevy's 1 GHz low voltage kernel, whereas she'll get roughly 14 - 15 hours before her phone goes dead. I don't know that I'd necessarily consider that to be "horrendous", although it's not great by any means either.
That's not bad at all. Especially since they use it heavily. People expect something this powerful to be able to last days on end. This is a phone not a supercomputer -.- Lemme ask you a question, how long does your laptop's battery last? I'd say most only last 8-9 hours..and that's on all the newer models I've seen.