HTC Thunderbolt's Inductive Charging Back-plate just Passed the FCC

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizonhtcthunderbolt-backplate.jpg

An inductive charging back-plate for the HTC Thunderbolt just passed FCC "muster". It was rumored from Big Red for $39 dollars before April, but never saw the light of day until now. Those who own this amazing phone know how amazingly fast it eats through the battery, and the ability to simply lay your phone down to have it charge seems like a fantastic convenience that is worth $39 bucks if it turns out to be that price. While it may not be out yet, passing through the FCC usually indicates it will be out very soon. We will keep you informed.

Source: ThunderboltForums.com via Engadget

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
I guess I'm slow, did you just upgrade and wished you had this? There will ALWAYS be bigger faster better stronger. Analyise forever and a day, and all you will do is nothing, just gotta close your eyes and squeeze the trigger sometimes.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Oh my GOD I am excited for this! :D so much better than that huge hunk of plastic my friend had to have on the back of his Droid 1 for a duracell inductive charger

z96Cobra

Reaction score
$39 will get you the cover. How much will the actual charger be?

energizer

Reaction score
The New Energizer Inductive Charger

Hey guys, I'm an official rep from Energizer just wanted to let you know that the Thunderbolt will work with the Energizer Inductive Charger. It uses the new standard for inductive charging called Qi (chee). That said, it does not currently support the Motorola Droid. You can learn more here: Energizer Inductive Charging Pad | Charging Station | Qi Technology and you can also enter to win an Energizer Inductive Charger on our Facebook page at Energizer | Facebook

xDominatorx

Reaction score
HTC Thunderbolt Qi

when will the back be available for the Thunderbolt? where can we get it?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm an official rep from Energizer just wanted to let you know that the Thunderbolt will work with the Energizer Inductive Charger. It uses the new standard for inductive charging called Qi (chee). That said, it does not currently support the Motorola Droid. You can learn more here: Energizer Inductive Charging Pad | Charging Station | Qi Technology and you can also enter to win an Energizer Inductive Charger on our Facebook page at Energizer | Facebook

Do you have any plans of creating one for the Droid Bionic?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For a $Hundred+ bucks, no thanks I'll just use my home and car changers...So I'd need a charging pad for the office and home, then I'd still probably need the car charger for travel...I don't see how this is such a great product??

Now if you were to make a solar charger built-into the Bolt, then you'd have my attention...

otmlb1128

Reaction score
I think it's great if you have a place you sit by your phone a lot and still use it. It's easy enough to plug your phone in and leave it while you work, but if you're picking it up to reply to a text every few minutes, it gets annoying pulling out and putting in the charger. And especially if you use your phone in landscape, leaving the cord in while you use it is pretty annoying.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
What is the point of paying $100 for a new back cover and charging pad just so you can have less freedom to move your phone around while it's charging?
No thanks, I'll take the freedom to charge my phone anywhere in a room, thanks.