HTC Low memory Issues: Any for the Rezound?

Rapper_Droyd

Reaction score
I currently have an Incredible & suffer from low memory all too often. I just ordered a Rezound today & my question is does it have the same problem? I'm assuming it doesn't but the way HTC handled internal memory for the Incredible was extremely poor. Is all 16GB on the Rezound available for apps?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

2GB for apps is quite a bit, and if you fill that up, than I'm thinking you have an app problem lol
1GB of RAM is also plenty as Android also does a great job at clearing up RAM for you as you need it.

You should not have an issues as Mr Smith also pointed out.

The problem with the Incredible is the minuscule amount slotted for app data and cache ,149 mb.
I would have 500mb+ free but get it until clearing the cache on Facebook, call history, downloads on the browser (it keeps on a copy in browser data), etc.
I'm not sure how much is allotted for app data and cache on the Rezound but I'd bet it's more than the Incredible

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

The Rezound has a gig of RAM, which is very roomy. At any given time I have between 100 and 200 megs free.

I have experimented with ways of freeing up more memory...I have gotten it to 500 megs before without rooting. It has had no real affect on performance as far as I can see, and benchmarks are the same (sometimes lower). So I have given up trying to micromanage RAM.

2GB for apps is quite a bit, and if you fill that up, than I'm thinking you have an app problem lol
If you fill that up you just start using the other 30 gigs of space on the phone. on the Droid 1 I basically had my entire app library on external SD.

If you fill that up you just start using the other 30 gigs of space on the phone. on the Droid 1 I basically had my entire app library on external SD.

tis true and a good idea, but for me, 2GB is a lot for apps, i got to the point where i still had 500mb left for apps and i found myself swimming in an overwhelming amount of apps lol

I agree, no memory issues at all. One thing I have noticed, and maybe it's just me typing too fast, but sometimes it feels like the landscape keyboard is just a bit behind my fingeres. When it feels like this, there are a lot of typos and letters missing. Not sure if this is lag, but it "feels" like lag.

Thanks a lot guys. I have had the Rezound for a week and I love it. I actually dont even know what to do with all this RAM thats available now LMAO.

Back