HTC claims the HTC 10 has 2 day battery life

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you folks think? Will the HTC 10 battery life live up to their hype?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
What do you folks think? Will the HTC 10 battery life live up to their hype?
Let's hope so. HTC devices in the past have always had mediocre battery life at best.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's hope so. HTC devices in the past have always had mediocre battery life.
I had to laugh at that because I put extended batteries on my Inc and Rezound to get the battery life UP to mediocre :)
To the defense of HTC, my brother moved up from a Bionic to an M7 and said the battery life on the newer phone blew away the old one so I think the Rez was their last super sub par phone for battery life. The Thunderbolt was greatly bad due to the radios onboard trying to work with first generation Verizon LTE (anyone remember the huge times of no LTE, national outages for days, etc?) and not just HTC dropping another ball.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Let's hope so. HTC devices in the past have always had mediocre battery life at best.

I had to laugh at that because I put extended batteries on my Inc and Rezound to get the battery life UP to mediocre :)
To the defense of HTC, my brother moved up from a Bionic to an M7 and said the battery life on the newer phone blew away the old one so I think the Rez was their last super sub par phone for battery life. The Thunderbolt was greatly bad due to the radios onboard trying to work with first generation Verizon LTE (anyone remember the huge times of no LTE, national outages for days, etc?) and not just HTC dropping another ball.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Edited. :D

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Thunderbolt is still one of my favorite devices

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No it was my first Android. Actually when I had it we got 4G so late I only had it on that phone for a week or 2 until I went to the S3.

So did your battery life blow on it while it was seeking LTE to connect to?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
So did your battery life blow on it while it was seeking LTE to connect to?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Honestly I came from an iphone 4 so the battery was kind of a lateral move. Also at the time I had my own business so it was always plugged in as I used it as my hotspot all the time. Towards the end I did buy an extended battery for it but I never really had what I thought to be major battery drain.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly I came from an iphone 4 so the battery was kind of a lateral move. Also at the time I had my own business so it was always plugged in as I used it as my hotspot all the time. Towards the end I did buy an extended battery for it but I never really had what I thought to be major battery drain.

I'd read horror stories of the T bolt lasting only a few hours of just standby. Reminded me of my days with an Omnia. I went through at least 3 batteries every day with that thing.
Anyway if the new HTC models can get about on par with the Samsung, LG and Moto phones maybe they'll become profitable enough to do more than post a video on a website for their next release news. Time will tell and I'm rooting for them to make a comeback.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><