HTC 10 Top Features: Quick Charge 3.0!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The HTC 10 was just released earlier today. We finally have an official list of specs. In this series we will talk about some of the top features of the HTC 10 which we think will help HTC to rebound from a less than stellar year last year.

Top feature number one is the inclusion of Quick Charge 3.0. The HTC 10 features the Snapdragon 820, and fortunately enough for us HTC has decided to turn on the Quick Charge 3.0 feature! Samsung skipped the feature in favor of their own proprietary Rapid Charge tech which is more or less on par with QC2.0.

HTC promises that with QC3.0 you will be able to charge the 10's 3000mah battery to 50% in about 30 minutes. The speed at which the battery charges is not all that QC3.0 has to offer. QC3.0 is designed to cause less stress on the battery over time. This means your battery is less likely to weaken. HTC is claiming you can get 2 days worth of battery life on a full charge, which in their eyes means a 30 minute charge gets you a full days use.

Not only does the HTC 10 feature Quick Charge 3.0, but every HTC 10 will ship with an HTC QC3.0 enabled charger! This is pretty big news as past HTC devices had QC enabled, but did not come with the actual charger.

via HTC

More HTC 10 Discussion

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd rather have wireless charging.
Too slow. I thought I'd miss it but I can get 50% charge in 30 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
HTC promises that with QC3.0 you will be able to charge the 10's 3000mah battery to 50% in about 30 minutes. The speed at which the battery charges is not all that QC3.0 has to offer. QC3.0 is designed to cause less stress on the battery over time. This means your battery is less likely to weaken. HTC is claiming you can get 2 days worth of battery life on a full charge, which in their eyes means a 30 minute charge gets you a full days use.

Not only does the HTC 10 feature Quick Charge 3.0, but every HTC 10 will ship with an HTC QC3.0 enabled charger! This is pretty big news as past HTC devices had QC enabled, but did not come with the actual charger.

via HTC

More HTC 10 Discussion

This is great news. A more advanced charging system, better battery management with greater protection from damage and therefore longer battery life. I am disappointed at both Samsung and Motorola for going another direction with proprietary systems in the newest flagship phones (Note 7 and Z/Z Force). In the case of the Z/Z Force it's not even QC 2.0 compatible.