Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4.0 To Bring Even Faster Charging

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Qualcomm brought more stability to Quick Charge 3.0. We didn't really see much of a speed increase as the update to 3.0 was more about enhancing the battery longevity over time while using quick charge. QC3.0 was designed to bring less wear and tear to the battery. It looks like Qualcomm will be focusing on bringing more speed to charging in QC4.0. According to "Fudzilla" QC4.0 will be the most powerful fast charging solution ever. Apparently it will feature 5V charging at 5.6A which means you will be charging at 28W worth of power. There may also be an option to charge at 9V/4A doubling current QC power to 36W. It would be great to see phones charge fully in less than an hour. This technology might make this a reality.

via Fudzilla

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why not focus more on batteries that don't need a quick charge because they last longer between charges? A gazillion megapixel on ginormous screens aren't going away. Super powerful processors aren't going away. I'd settle for a little more girth in my phone if it meant a larger battery but I'm not ok with charging at the wattage of small lightbulbs because that's heat and heat is bad when it comes to electronics. That much heat packed in a non removable battery can't be good long term for the device itself

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
This makes me a bit hesitant considering all the issues lately with overheating and exploding batteries. Makes me wonder if all this quick charging could make it worse.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Ive been using QC since my Droid Turbo. And now with my Moto Z Force. I only have the Stock Charger since its USB C. No Issues

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
This makes me a bit hesitant considering all the issues lately with overheating and exploding batteries. Makes me wonder if all this quick charging could make it worse.
Media overblown issue. I've had type c and rapid charging for over a year. Zero issues. Phone doesn't even get warm.

Samsung had to react to the media frenzy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Ive been using QC since my Droid Turbo. And now with my Moto Z Force. I only have the Stock Charger since its USB C. No Issues

Media overblown issue. I've had type c and rapid charging for over a year. Zero issues. Phone doesn't even get warm.

Samsung had to react to the media frenzy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Absolutely. Been using QC via usb3.0 for over 2 1/2 years without a problem. Just as 10s of millions of folks have. I even use mine while charging & watching YouTube, with no additional heat or issues.
Embrace this new technology and don't let the media hype stress you out or prevent you from enjoying a new device. :)

S5 tap'n