[HowTo] Screen off animation - Gingerbread

humungus

Reaction score
flashing the zip didn't work for me :( no animation. is there an option I have to turn on?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

In Spare Parts make sure all the animation speeds are set to "Normal".

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
flashing the zip didn't work for me :( no animation. is there an option I have to turn on?

Nope, should work as soon as the phone boots. I can't speak for the .zip, but the adb method worked for me without any problems.

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
I flashed this on my Droid 2 and there were several other areas where it affected framework such as a messed up lockscreen and some white on white text. The screen off animation worked great though. I look forward to someone hopefully porting this over to Droid 2.

You'll have to get your hands a little bit more dirty, but somebody said this will work on the Droid 2: Enable electronBeam Animation - xda-developers

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
this is just when the screens goes black not when u actually power off the X correct?

It only does the animation when you turn off the screen, not the entire phone; It that's what you're asking.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I flashed this on my Droid 2 and there were several other areas where it affected framework such as a messed up lockscreen and some white on white text. The screen off animation worked great though. I look forward to someone hopefully porting this over to Droid 2.

You'll have to get your hands a little bit more dirty, but somebody said this will work on the Droid 2: Enable electronBeam Animation - xda-developers

Yeah, that is what I assumed. I just flashed it on the off chance it wouldn't screw something else up. I don't mind sbfing...especially in linux without the need to use rsdlite. I saw that post on the first page of the thread, but I imagine within the next few days someone will create one for the Droid 2. It's not that important to me so I'll probably just wait.

marcmsj

Reaction score
What exactly does this do? I'm not sure what the animations are.

It's just an animation when you turn your screen off. It's an effect similar to an old television turning off

Jakeworld

Reaction score

For your convenience, I quickly made a modified framework-res.apk via APK Manager for the Droid 2 using the update.zip pre-rooted GB file from MDW. I honestly haven't tested this file, but it should work just fine.

Use the directions for ADB from the OP to install. Let me know how it works. As always, be sure to create a nandroid prior to install (just to be safe, since I haven't tested this).

Download for Droid 2 Here

foxky

Reaction score
ever since I flashed this it seems like even when my screen is off the backlight is on but very dim. any help? I also couldn't get the brightness to change in the settings.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Didn't work for me at first then I remembered spare parts and didn't think that would be it as I didn't have it installed on my x but I went ahead and installed it and found that all my animations were turned off. Works like a charm now thanks for the zip.

Sent from a galaxy far far away......

Jakeworld

Reaction score
Will this work on the Deodexed GB for the DX? Thanks in advance

Since the process of deodexing should only play with the APK files in SYSTEM to remove .odex dependencies, I would imagine that it should be safe to use the file in the OP. However, just in case, I have created an updated modified framework-res.apk from the deodexed .zip file posted at MDW.

Download the Deodexed Modified 2.3.3 framework-res.apk Here
*Note: I have tested this file on my Droid X. I installed via ADB. No issues were encountered.