HOWTO: Fixing Swype on Liberty 2.x!

Phaze08

Reaction score
Yeah I pulled directly out of 1.5 but wouldn't install. Ill flash yours.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
k, lmk how it goes. If the app isn't signed, it's wonky if it will install, and even then, some signed apps won't install from Astro, that's why I always flash everything.

Phaze08

Reaction score
Freakin awesome! Finally! Thanks alot.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Mr. Steve

Reaction score
I just wanted to let it be known that some of us are just having a different problem. After installing Liberty 2.0.1 on my D2, if I use Swype, it appears and it works if I tap the letters, but dragging across (although it shows the trace trail) just makes the keyboard flash for a split second and doesn't create a word. I've not been getting any error messages. I've reflashed, re-sbf'd, etc. and that's always been the case.

If I'm correct on this than I think your issue is actually the same problem we are having. See when the Swype software detects that it's not authorized it goes into a limited state where it only lets you type normally, in other words, it doesn't let you swype. This sounds exactly like your problem except you must have missed the warning that swype displays the first time it finds out it is not authorized. I would recommend just deleting the built in swype and installing the Swype Beta. If the Swype Beta still gives you some issues than you should come back here to find some more advanced help.

Edit: This just occured to me after seeing you device description, your problems could possibly be caused by the fact that you are using the R2Droid 2 and not a normal Droid 2. I feel this is kind of doubtful that this would cause a problem but I figured I would put it out there. Again, try using the Swype Beta and see how that goes.

Last edited:

Maniac

Reaction score
Thanks!

I was getting so frustrated by swype and this fixed it! Thank you so much for posting!

@prolefeedprocessor - that is the exact problem I was having that this fixed.

pzzaman

Reaction score
I am having same issue with Swype........but I don't "know what to do" exactly lol. Anyway u can point me in the right direction?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
There's a flashable version in post 13. The version of swype in the D2 ROM is the Droid X version, the zip in the link above is the D2 version.

belial

Reaction score
So if I hold the menu button, swype comes up. How do I make it so when I start 'swyping' it goes into google - like if I pull out the keyboard and start typing and hit enter, it's google searched.

Last edited:

jocko1

Reaction score
What are the pros from acquiring the swype beta as opposed the the package stetsonaw graciously posted? In other words, what makes it different than the version usually preinstalled on our phones?

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
The one preinstalled is easier to theme ;)

The "beta" gets updated periodically, so you may get a new feature not available for the "stock" versions.

prokrypt

Reaction score
One particular thing I noticed about the newer beta version is that the "line" continues if my finger leaves or skips off the screen for a split second. This is a good thing because with the original preinstalled swype, I would accidentally make two words whenever my finger bumped against my hardcase (causing said finger to lift off the screen) while swyping.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Don't remember if you can enable that in the stock version's settings or not... I'll have to look.