How to Update to .902 or .905 on KIN3TX custom ROM

flyingscotsman74656

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am quite new to this forum, although I have often found help for various problems here, so please bear with me.

Some time ago, I flashed the KIN3TX 1.0 custom rom onto my Droid Bionic, and since then life has been brilliant. I love the ROM, and it seems to work wonderfully and much smoother than stock. I flashed it whilst running Bionic Bootstrapper as a bootloader, making sure to make a clockwork mod backup of the rooted stock ROM before proceeding (I have done this before flashing any ROM). My problem is that now I am experiencing sporadic loss of 4G signal, and a complete inability to get 3G, and I suspect that I need to update my radio. However, I am currently unable to do this. I tried reflashing my stock rom and using Pete's Motoroal Root Tool to unroot it, although something else must have been changed so that, while I could download the .902 update, I was unable to get it to take (it would fail every time). I had to use Motofail to restore root and reflash my KIN3TX backup. I should mention that I have been using SafeStrap for the last few months, though I am somewhat new to it as well. Is there a way to manually apply the .902 update or even the .905? I am currently on 5.8.894.XT875, so I think my system could stand some updating. I would greatly appreciate any advice, thanks!