how to tranfer contacts from rom to rom

jeffwerf

Reaction score
everytime i install a new software (ultimate droid for example) u have to do a total wipe. now i create a nandroid backup beforehand so thats not the question. my question is when u get into the new software (ultimate droid) how do u transfer your contacts over to it ????? is there an app or a folder ?? someone please help me out

thanks!

Mohawk3

Reaction score
With the possible exception of facebook contacts, which I believe require that app to sync with your contacts, your contacts should be synced with the gmail account that you run your phone with (unless you turned off sync feature in accounts & sync). They should be saved whether or not you actually use gmail for email on your phone.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1

With the possible exception of facebook contacts, which I believe require that app to sync with your contacts, your contacts should be synced with the gmail account that you run your phone with (unless you turned off sync feature in accounts & sync). They should be saved whether or not you actually use gmail for email on your phone.

DroidForums Junkie!!

comk4ver

Reaction score
unsyned contacts...

so what about unsynced contacts? is there an app for contacts that aren't synced with a gmail a contact so if i flash a rom will a person lose those contacts?

Incredibilly

Reaction score
so what about unsynced contacts? is there an app for contacts that aren't synced with a gmail a contact so if i flash a rom will a person lose those contacts?

Go into your contacts app and export them to your SD card. Then when you flash the new ROM, you can go into that contacts app and import the contacts from your SD.

Chuck D

Reaction score

Thats what I do its also a lot eisier to edit your contacts through google and it syncs to your phone plus if you lose your phone your contacts are already backed up in gmail.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
In a worst case scenario, for someone like me who runs absolutely no sync or backup (with the exception of my apps list, which is still shady at times. Thank god for Titanium Backup), you could just export your contacts to the sd card from your contacts options, then import them later...

Tl;dr? Export in settings, import later.

Incredibilly

Reaction score
Exactly. Some ppl don't want corporate contacts in their gmail... *points at self*

sent from my phone, just sayin