Switching ROMs

dbrown8579

Reaction score
Ok, this may be a bit of a newb question, but I am currently running DroidMod on my Motorola Droid (the original) and want to switch over to Ultimate Droid. I have nandroid backups and also use titanium backup for all my apps so I know I'm safe there, but I am wondering the best way to clear my phone pretty much back to factory and start with a fresh rom install, or if that's not necessary and I can simply install the new rom. Thanks for any help.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, this may be a bit of a newb question, but I am currently running DroidMod on my Motorola Droid (the original) and want to switch over to Ultimate Droid. I have nandroid backups and also use titanium backup for all my apps so I know I'm safe there, but I am wondering the best way to clear my phone pretty much back to factory and start with a fresh rom install, or if that's not necessary and I can simply install the new rom. Thanks for any help.

in your recovery you should have the option to factory reset, and clear cache...after you make your nandroid, do that, and then install the new rom.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!! it appears you've been lurking for a while, so glad you decided to join in the fun!! browse around, post around, and stick around :)

as for your specific question, if you have your rom and apps backed up, the process is fairly simple. put the UD rom on the root of your sdcard, boot into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, and install the rom zip file - bam! :)

OP
D

dbrown8579

Reaction score
That's what I figured, thanks for the help! And yea, I'll be hanging around for a while!

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!! it appears you've been lurking for a while, so glad you decided to join in the fun!! browse around, post around, and stick around :)

as for your specific question, if you have your rom and apps backed up, the process is fairly simple. put the UD rom on the root of your sdcard, boot into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, and install the rom zip file - bam! :)

This is definately the best method, and is what I did when I switched over from BBv.05.dancedroid