First rom

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Ahh.. Okay Now I see it. I had to do the flash recovery again. I did that a couple of days ago. It seems like you need to do that right before you use the reboot to recovery option. Is that the way it should be? :)

With RM, yeah sometimes ... it can be kinda finicky at times.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Another reason I use SPRecovery ;)

Ahh.. Okay Now I see it. I had to do the flash recovery again. I did that a couple of days ago. It seems like you need to do that right before you use the reboot to recovery option. Is that the way it should be? :)

With RM, yeah sometimes ... it can be kinda finicky at times.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
R

rvnwlf

Reaction score
With a little luck this will be the last set of questions for a bit. :) When using Titanium Backup do I want to just backup user data or do I want to do system data as well? I'm not sure what it means by system data. In my mine I could see that being bad for a custom ROM when you restore the info. Or am I way off base on that?
Next how do I recover that data backed up with TB? After the ROM is installed will I just have to brab TB from the market again.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
With a little luck this will be the last set of questions for a bit. :) When using Titanium Backup do I want to just backup user data or do I want to do system data as well? I'm not sure what it means by system data. In my mine I could see that being bad for a custom ROM when you restore the info. Or am I way off base on that?
Next how do I recover that data backed up with TB? After the ROM is installed will I just have to brab TB from the market again.

You are correct ... I never restore system data. Just apps and app data.

If you have the free TB, you'll have to do it app by app. The paid version runs it for you ...

OP
R

rvnwlf

Reaction score
I purchesed TB and I can run the batch on all but it's funny I don't see TB in the list of apps

wierdo124

Reaction score
I use clockwork and have had zero problems.

Also - Titanium Backup CAN backup and restore texts..most people don't realize it. Dialer Storage.

OP
R

rvnwlf

Reaction score
I've already run a Backup all user apps and system data. Would I be best off to use the delete all backups and then just backup user apps?

OP
R

rvnwlf

Reaction score
I also have to say, Thanks for all the help everyone. I have a much clearer picture of what I need to do. I'm sure I'll have more questions down the road but I feel this is enough to get me started. :)

OP
R

rvnwlf

Reaction score
Okay, everything went well (for the most part). Only 2 issues.. I'm running the Ultimate Droid ROM. But to get Data thru my Mobil Network I had to turn on both National and International data roaming. I'm using a Verizon phone but live in an area that uses US cellular towers so I am always in roaming. I'm just not sure why I had to check International to get service.
Next I'm not sure if this is normal or not but all of my (pre UD) apps are trying to download from the market. If I try to cancel the downloads I get a force close from the market. Do I just have to let them run their course and download again? I thought that was the purpose of TB (which I can get to because it is in a downloading state). To recover all of your user apps without having to download them again.

Thanks Again. :)