Titanium backup

Dolfan

Reaction score
Is there a way to put the app titanium backup on a rom before you install it to your phone? Like say the UD 3.01 rom, adding it to that then installing the rom to the phone.

I have tryed to drag it from a rom that its on(folder to folder) that dont work...so was wondering if and how that could be done..

Bob

GoodBurger

Reaction score
You can create an update.zip of Titanium that is flashable from a recovery menu.

While you're on the Titanium main screen, press the menu button and select "More".

Now select "Create update.zip" and, if you want, you can either name it "update.zip" or "TitaniumBackup-3.x.x.zip" to keep better track of it.

Now you just flash that like any other rom, kernel, etc... and it will be installed the next time you reboot the phone.

This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but if you do this right after installing a rom, there's no difference.

mgteggy01

Reaction score
I cant seem to access Titanium after a fresh clean install of UD 2.5. I flashed UD 2.5, then installed TB using the zip method while in recovery. TB isnt in the launcher. Where else should I be looking at?

pbrewer81

Reaction score
I cant seem to access Titanium after a fresh clean install of UD 2.5. I flashed UD 2.5, then installed TB using the zip method while in recovery. TB isnt in the launcher. Where else should I be looking at?

Using ClockWork...
Try a fresh wipe then re-flash UD 2.5. Let the phone boot up to the Green Droid with hand/finger animation that prompts you "press here to sign in" but DO NOT press it. Next touch the following in order:
1. Top left hand corner
2. Top right hand corner
3. Bottom right hand corner (just slightly above the button to "select Language")
4. Bottom left hand corner (just slightly above the button to make an "Emergency Call")
5. You may have to repeat steps 1-4 a few time so be patient. If done correctly you will by-pass the sign in process and your home screen will pop up
6. Reboot into recovery (press and hold power key, select reboot into recovery or power off the phone, slide open the keyboard, press and hold the "x" key then press and hold the power key)
7. choose install from SD card
8. Find your Titanium3.x.x.zip and select it
9. Reboot the phone

It should be in your drawer after the phone reboots. This has worked for me across multiple roms. Hope it helps.

PB

mgteggy01

Reaction score

Using ClockWork...
Try a fresh wipe then re-flash UD 2.5. Let the phone boot up to the Green Droid with hand/finger animation that prompts you "press here to sign in" but DO NOT press it. Next touch the following in order:
1. Top left hand corner
2. Top right hand corner
3. Bottom right hand corner (just slightly above the button to "select Language")
4. Bottom left hand corner (just slightly above the button to make an "Emergency Call")
5. You may have to repeat steps 1-4 a few time so be patient. If done correctly you will by-pass the sign in process and your home screen will pop up
6. Reboot into recovery (press and hold power key, select reboot into recovery or power off the phone, slide open the keyboard, press and hold the "x" key then press and hold the power key)
7. choose install from SD card
8. Find your Titanium3.x.x.zip and select it
9. Reboot the phone

It should be in your drawer after the phone reboots. This has worked for me across multiple roms. Hope it helps.

PB

Thanks for the help!

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Hey dumb question, I've been changing roms alot lately (froyo->GB->GB sense 3.0). I know TBP is suppose to auto restore apps and settings but it never does it automatically at the start of a new rom. Is there anything special I need to do to get auto restoration of everything?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

runandhide05

Reaction score
Anyone having a problem restoring "device setup" and "guide tours" .
I got all three other bootware to uninstall, and then reinstall. Trying to bring phone back to 100% stock. I've tried everything I cant think of. With no luck. Just sits at "restoring app"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

teewan

Reaction score
Try this:

Anyone having a problem restoring "device setup" and "guide tours" .
I got all three other bootware to uninstall, and then reinstall. Trying to bring phone back to 100% stock. I've tried everything I cant think of. With no luck. Just sits at "restoring app"

I just ran into the same problem. What I did to restore those two apps was find an app dump zip file that someone posted (just "Google Bionic app dump"). Extract the required APK and ODEX files from the zip, copy them to the droid, use Root Explorer to move them to /system/app (after enabling r/w mount of the filesystem), change permissions to rw-r--r-- (that is, the owner has read/write priveleges but not execute, group has read only, others have read only), owner/group to root/root and then reboot.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

runandhide05

Reaction score
I did it that way last night, thank good for system dumps