Kernels for UD

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I just tried UD today. Coming from Sapphire which will be tough to beat! I am liking UD 2.0. Just looking for a good OC kernel for UD. Checked ROM manager and didn't really see anything. Is there a thread or site you can guide me to? I know with Sapphire there were specific kerenls to use... and recommended by the dev himself.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just tried UD today. Coming from Sapphire which will be tough to beat! I am liking UD 2.0. Just looking for a good OC kernel for UD. Checked ROM manager and didn't really see anything. Is there a thread or site you can guide me to? I know with Sapphire there were specific kerenls to use... and recommended by the dev himself.

The kernel included in this ROM is a sapphire kernel. I ran it for a while before going back to Chevy's kernels.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I just flashed my 900 Saphire kernel I was using and so far so good.

My only complaint with UD: changing between homescreens is laggy. Any tweeks to make is smooth like Saphire or Bugless? The Kernel I just used didn't help. Any other idea? Seems to be half second delay or so?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I just flashed my 900 Saphire kernel I was using and so far so good.

My only complaint with UD: changing between homescreens is laggy. Any tweeks to make is smooth like Saphire or Bugless? The Kernel I just used didn't help. Any other idea? Seems to be half second delay or so?

I believe there's an option in UD Settings to adjust the speed in switching screens. I also use Launcher Pro and I FLY through all 7 screens!

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I'm using adw and changed settings in that and I'm flying. Love the ROM

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Are u running chevys 11/5/2010 kernels? I to am still running the stock sapphire kernel sped is excellent but cant help but wonder if i can find a kernel with slighrly better battery life...

The kernel included in this ROM is a sapphire kernel. I ran it for a while before going back to Chevy's kernels.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Slayhers are nice and seem to run great. I am using Chevy 1000 ULV only because I love them :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes sir. I have it set at 1100 max/400 min on demand, 400/250 screen off on demand, and 400/250 at 114°

Are u running chevys 11/5/2010 kernels? I to am still running the stock sapphire kernel sped is excellent but cant help but wonder if i can find a kernel with slighrly better battery life...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

segdoh49

Reaction score
Does anyone know that if you have Compcache enabled in Ultimate Droid settings (UD 1.0) and are using Slayers 1.6 kernals if it is truely working. How do you verify that Compcache is truly working ?????
There is a Slayer file (Slayer_Compcache_droid-1) in slayers downloads but I read somewhere it is only needed for CryogenMod.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
So I have U.D. 2.0 -- some are using 1.0? What are the key differences?

Also, how does one use comp cache?

segdoh49

Reaction score
So I have U.D. 2.0 -- some are using 1.0? What are the key differences?

Also, how does one use comp cache?
I went back to UD 1.0. UD 2.0 just had too many bugs for me. Never could get it to work to my liking. In Ud 1.0 there is a setting in the Ultimate Droid setting>Performance Settings where you could enable Compcache, but I could never find it in 2.0 So I can't help you there. I don't know what is going on too much with 2.0, evidentally not much since there has been no real support from DB himself. But that could be due to him having Jury duty, from what I hear. Anyways I am happily running UD 1.0 just trying different kernals and setups to get my battery life extended. I keep reading the UD forums and checking Blackdroids site with no real input as to where his new rom is heading. So I've just put it on the back burner for now.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
What kernels are u using other than the stock that works?? I tried chevys 11.5.10 release LV 1.0 kernel all was good until I tried use wifi & no go...but what is even more odd...I tried chevys LV 1.25 kernel & everything worked including wifi?? but i dont need nor want a 1.25 kernel looking for a 1.0 ghz kernel tops...battery life is most primary for me & the stock kernel life is so so at best...maybe im being to picky & should just go with the 1.25 & deal with it...lol

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What kernels are u using other than the stock that works?? I tried chevys 11.5.10 release LV 1.0 kernel all was good until I tried use wifi & no go...but what is even more odd...I tried chevys LV 1.25 kernel & everything worked including wifi?? but i dont need nor want a 1.25 kernel looking for a 1.0 ghz kernel tops...battery life is most primary for me & the stock kernel life is so so at best...maybe im being to picky & should just go with the 1.25 & deal with it...lol

Why don't you just scale the 1.25 back to 1.0? That's what I'm doing...well, to 1.1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)