UD website down

Thach

Reaction score
I just tried to go tot he UD website and it almost acts as if it is down, removed, what have you. Has anyone else noticed this? I was just on the site today around 4pm central. I hope this is not a indication of where this rom is heading but my hopes are dwindling away at this point since we have heard nothing from BD himself.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Yup. It's down. I too was on it earlier. His last tweet and Facebook post was way back in April. Def sux. His rom with invisibleks kernals are badass!

sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That's too bad. I really used to like running UD roms. Plus the fact that he built for a million devices was cool too.

sline-dawg

Reaction score
It's really a sad sign..... I had hopes of him returning as long as the site was up......

Best wishes to ya Blackdroid.....:blackdroid:

OP
Thach

Thach

Reaction score
I really had hopes that he would have at least said something by now or had someone do it for him. I understand that he is going through hard times and am by no means trying to be a heartless jerk. But seriously, just pop in and say that you are ok. We live in the world where technology is everywhere and doing something as simple as saying that you will be back someday when you have your life back in order would take minutes to do. I think that's about the only thing that most of his followers are asking for.

FastKatt

Reaction score
I was about to start this same topic...
I think I agree 100% with that post... ^^^
Too bad, was the smoothest ROM I've run :(

joefuf

Reaction score
I started being a mod on the site a few months back. I was supposed to start amping up our News section. Even the WordPress section of the site won't let us in.

I emailed BD in early May. He said: "Hey, I'm doing ok and I haven't lost my house. Have just been waiting for the water to go down and things to get settled around here before get back to it..."

I emailed him at the start of the week, but I still haven't gotten a reply yet. Hope this isn't the end of the UltimateDroid Project. It would be an unfortunate loss to the Android development community.

OP
Thach

Thach

Reaction score
I started being a mod on the site a few months back. I was supposed to start amping up our News section. Even the WordPress section of the site won't let us in.

I emailed BD in early May. He said: "Hey, I'm doing ok and I haven't lost my house. Have just been waiting for the water to go down and things to get settled around here before get back to it..."

I emailed him at the start of the week, but I still haven't gotten a reply yet. Hope this isn't the end of the UltimateDroid Project. It would be an unfortunate loss to the Android development community.

Thanks for that update. That is enough for me to continue sticking around and waiting for another update. UD was the first Rom that I ever tried and no matter what other Roms I install, I always go back to UD. It seems to run better on my phone then most other roms.

Rodeojones

Reaction score
I was coming on here to see if anyone knew what was going on with BlackDroid and UD in general. So thanks to those who have shed some light on the situation. Am I to believe, based upon post #11, that his home was damaged by some flooding? Where does he live?

I hope things get better for him.

Popimp315

Reaction score
First off, prayers to the developer. I live in kc area and know that tornadoes are no joke. Next i would like to thank the developer for such an awesome rom. Made me completely drop all others for this one. It works insanely well on my G2. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to install the fonts. I had one before but my phone was screwy so i did a fresh install. It didnt work before but one day that n astro file just appeared on my phone. Now when i try to install the font it either just hangs then disappears or disappears and force closes on settings. I'm asking here because you cant get to the site obviously lol. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I'm guessing its because the sites are down

Last edited: