How to tell a new SAFE Note 7 from the "explosive" version...

Moulton

Reaction score
So for those who want to know, the process is this:

Take your phone to the location you bought it, with or without the box and they'll exchange it. I got mine today.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Mine arrives tomorrow, its on hold for me. Never had any issues with my current note 7 but damn am i glad I dont have to worry or hear about it anymore.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So for those who want to know, the process is this:

Take your phone to the location you bought it, with or without the box and they'll exchange it. I got mine today.
When they replaced the phone, did you bring your charger and cable? Did they give you the entire package or exchange just the phone (not how Samsung wants it done)?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Moulton

Reaction score
When they replaced the phone, did you bring your charger and cable? Did they give you the entire package or exchange just the phone (not how Samsung wants it done)?

I'm extremely particular so I exchanged everything, however, they said if I only had the phone they'd just give me the phone and keep the box. Either is ok according to them.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm extremely particular so I exchanged everything, however, they said if I only had the phone they'd just give me the phone and keep the box. Either is ok according to them.
Yeah, and although they said either is OK, according to Samsung is not OK. Samsung wants the entire contents of the box replaced. So good move on your part. To others, both my recommendation and Samsung's recall guidance is to replace everything. It's also your life and safety, and that of your family and friends you may be putting at risk if you don't.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Verizon required everything be returned.

S5 tap'n
I didnt have to return anything but the phone. Of course all I got was the phone but I'm fine with that.

Now that there's no reports of new ones exploding so far I'm going to buy a car charger and other home chargers today.

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Yeah verizon told me they only wanted the phone and spen and i could keep everything else,and my new got hotter then my old one 112° on old one while changing stuff over to it vs 122° on the new one

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I also notices the first day my new phone got really warm, i was like what the hell... but it hasn't seemed to happen since then.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
When we called before going to the vzw corporate store, they said bring everything, but there were folks there who only brought the phone. We figured we may as well get everything brand new and start from scratch even though the accessories are only a month old. If any part of the charger played any role in all of this, why take that chance. I mean look at jiggler & Cliff, their replacements are already getting warm....
Everything is new so this way it removes all doubt. Aside from that the wife's device is running perfectly. No issues whatsoever.

Suddenly I start to hear Aerosmith playing in the background....
"I'm back! I'm back in the saddle again. Baaaaack! I'm back in the saddle again!" LOL!

S5 tap'n

Typos...dang Swype!

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah verizon told me they only wanted the phone and spen and i could keep everything else,and my new got hotter then my old one 112° on old one while changing stuff over to it vs 122° on the new one

I didnt have to return anything but the phone. Of course all I got was the phone but I'm fine with that.

Now that there's no reports of new ones exploding so far I'm going to buy a car charger and other home chargers today.

Again, maybe Verizon didn't ask for both phone and accessories however you bought new, there was a recall due to batteries exploding while charging, the entire package supplied to the retailer included all new accessories and the entire box with defective phone and accessories is going back to the manufacturer, which by the way wanted your to return the charger and cable too, so why wouldn't you demand they replace everything if for no other reason than just to be safe?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When we called before going to the vzw corporate store, they said bring everything, but there were folks there who only brought the phone. We figured we may as well get everything brand new and start from scratch even though the accessories are only a month old. If any part of the charger played any role in all of this, why take that chance. I mean look at jiggler & Cliff, their replacements are already getting warm....
Everything is new so this way it removes all doubt.

And exactly my point. Also as I stated previously, both my contact at Verizon corporate and the recall compliance department at Samsung made it clear to me that was what they wanted to happen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk