How to setup a POP account??

turbodave

Reaction score
Hopefully this won't get too confusing.....

When I bought this phone and had it activated, the sales person setup my Charter email account, asking my username and password etc. When I got home neither of my email accounts on my PC's would work. Error message said another user was accessing the account.
Turns out the problem was my phone's IMAP setup. It interferes with the POP setups on my PC's, so I had to convert the PC's email clients to IMAP for them all to play well together.

I don't care for IMAP and would like to run POP on the phone and PC's, but for some reason cant get a POP account setup on the phone.

So in desperation, I tried deleting my account on the phone and starting over, thinking when it asks about the servers, I'd just tell it POP, and add the names POP dot xxxxxx and SMTP dot xxxxxx
But no, as soon as I came to the server line the phone is asking the name of the IMAP servers, and I can't even tell it POP/SMTP.

What am I doing wrong??

KaChow

Reaction score
I can't say that I am familiar with who Charter email is, if this is the correct one have a look at the settings. :icon_ peace:

OP
turbodave

turbodave

Reaction score
Ya, that's the right Charter, but all those instructions relate to IMAP setup.

OP
turbodave

turbodave

Reaction score
Well, almost got it working. It worked for a few test emails, but then started failing with a password error. :angry:
Must be something in Charter that wont allow POP email via a phone, so I'm back to using IMAP. Oh Well. :frown: