How to Remove MotoBlur from Bionic?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
This may be the screen does anyone think a firmware upgrade will improve the graininess?

My friend is bothered by the "graphs" displayed on the image of the Bionic. Everyscreen there is a slight graph that is driving him crazy. I believe it is part of MotoBlur. Is there a way to change it?
Thanks

Last edited:

cp24eva

Reaction score
My man, I don't think you are going to get rid of that "graph" you say you see. First off, don't bother with what your friend sees. You should be more concerned about what you see and what you like/can tolerate. The pentile display is built in for the sake of saving battery life in motorola phones. If it was so simple then I believe many people would have done so already. I can see it, but it doesn't bother me much because when I watch videos then it's not evident. Only when reading some web pages and stuff.

But, no i don't think you can get rid of the pentile display by taking out motoblur. And, don't worry about your friend. Worry about yourself.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Thanks for the info yes I read about the pentile display and not motoblur but he mentioned watching youtube videos it was noticeable I haven't tried it yet but if it occurs when watching videos then I think it's time to wait for the Prime

cp24eva

Reaction score
Your friend must have some super accute vision. I put this side by side next to a droid charge and the droid charges videos seem a little warmer in color, but thats a preference thing because it honestly looks too yellow (the droid charge) to me. I used to have a droid charge and it was a great picture, but the bionic doesn't fall far behind it. Just different coloration.

scdown

Reaction score
I know the colors aren't as vivid as SAMOLED or Super LCD or IPS, but one thing you do get with the PenTile subpixel layout is better readability in outdoor light (something the original Droid suffered with badly).

As for the grain, I think it is related to your own visual acuity, and the distance from which you view it. I can see it if I hold it close enough, but then the phone isn't super useful to me at those distances.

PenTile is a topic that riles up debate the likes of which you see in political forums. I'll be honest - before using the Bionic, I was dead set against it because of reviews I had read. After looking at it, especially in light of the tradeoffs that are made in developing a smartphone, it was acceptable to me.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Exactly, who would hold the screen that close to their face? At that point it's being a little nit-picky. And I actually had alot of outside time with the phone just now and it shows up pretty decent outside. So on that note I think they did ok. Not great, but ok to the point where i can see. I think the videos are crisp. I had alot of other phones within the last month and this one is pretty sharp. Don't ask me how I had many phones...I just did. (Iphone4, samsung infuse, samsung droid charge, drioid 3, atrix 4g, HTC incredible 2, and now my final stop.....bionic)