[HOW-TO] Remove Hashcode's tweaked D3Bootstrap

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check jrummys section on this board. He has a file explorer with root access.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

Rogziel

Reaction score
Hey I have a quick question hopefully that you can answer.

I wanted to know if the back ups I made with Koush's Bootstrap (Steel Rom), and a CWM back up (Stock) in the past months, will I be able to flash back to them now that I have Safestrap?

Thanks

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I wanted to know if the back ups I made with Koush's Bootstrap (Steel Rom), and a CWM back up (Stock) in the past months, will I be able to flash back to them now that I have Safestrap?

Thanks

In older versions he said this was possible. I've not tried it, but I'm going to say no just for safeties sake.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

Endoroid

Reaction score
You could also use a terminal emulator and a few commands

su
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
rm /system/bin/logwrapper
mv /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper

Voila.

Sent from my rooted xt860

olorolo

Reaction score

Thanks

The simple solution is to reinstall the one you need for your backup if you need it.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

drknes

Reaction score
The Droid 3 took a while to get rooted, but it has been constantly developed on since.

To uninstall D3bootstrap:
1. Uninstall the app, from OS settings menu.
2. Using a file explorer with root capabilities, navigate to /system/bin
3. Find 2 files, logwrapper and logwrapper.bin
4. Delete logwrapper.
5. Rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper
6. You are now ready to install SafeStrap.

Thanks to:
hashc0de
koush
woodyman (for help understanding the process)

Hi Guys,

If I do this after installing SteelDroid 5.6, when I do a reboot, at the end of the boot animation, it goes through a sequence of updating applications, which works fine, but then it hangs on starting applications.
I've left this for up to half an hour, and it doesn't get past this point.
If I do a battery pull, the next boot just hangs on the boot annination, and I have to do a sbf restore to stock to be able to use my phone again.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any advice.

Thanks
Adrian.

ps. is there a way that I could take my safestrap back up and install it on the non-safe side, as I have been playing with SteelDroid in the safe system, and am now happy enough to use this as my Daily Driver.

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a safestrap on XDA that has been tweaked to allow an install on the non-safe side.

It sounds like you didn't wipe enough to get this booted from bootstrap, unless, it is only usable in Safestrap.

Sent from my SCH-i515, in between data drops.

drknes

Reaction score
There is a safestrap on XDA that has been tweaked to allow an install on the non-safe side.

It sounds like you didn't wipe enough to get this booted from bootstrap, unless, it is only usable in Safestrap.

Sent from my SCH-i515, in between data drops.

I tried this with safestrap version 1.08e and 1.08f, and each time when I did a reboot in Un-safe mode, my original stock Gingerbread Rom booted.

I tried installing SteelDroid with CWM, removing CWM, Installing safestrap as above, and recovering the back up, but still got my original issue.

Thanks for the ideas, but I think I'm going to stick with running it in the safe system, and forget about non-safe,