[HOW TO] Remove bloatware

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
FYI

Here is a list of the apps I removed (copied)

Social Networking - FriendFeed.apk
Files - FileManager.apk
Media Sharing - HomeSyncWizard.apk
Messaging - Messaging.apk
Company Directory - MotoGAL.apk
Email - BlurEmail.apk
Blockbuster - Blockbuster.apk
City ID - CityID.apk
Skype - Skype_mobile.live.apk
Visual Voice Mail - Vvm.apk
3G Mobile Hotspot Mynet.bak

deleted mynet with root explorer and did a search for it and nothing came up... but its still there

what gives

edit: nvm fixed it i had a space

Irish Cream

Reaction score
Nice!!!!

Can't wait to get this booosheeet off of my phone.

they way the walk throughs are posted... will this be an easy thing for a n00b to do? as in no programming experience or anything and this is my first droid?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice!!!!

Can't wait to get this booosheeet off of my phone.

they way the walk throughs are posted... will this be an easy thing for a n00b to do? as in no programming experience or anything and this is my first droid?

if u can unzip files and use the terminal then id say yea. just copy and paste in the terminal (it does help to know what each term means though :) )

avt123

Reaction score
I renamed MyVerizon.apk to MyVerizon.bak and the app still opens.

Too bad the icons don't disappear when you change .apk to .bak. The blockbuster app still shows up in my app draw.

Edit- nvm they can be uninstalled now from the app draw.

Reaction score

Too bad the icons don't disappear when you change .apk to .bak. The blockbuster app still shows up in my app draw.

If you delete this from the application drawer, does the application still stay in the system/apps directory? I hate that stupid blockbuster app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

avt123

Reaction score

If you delete this from the application drawer, does the application still stay in the system/apps directory? I hate that stupid blockbuster app.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yea it's still in there but as .bak and not .apk. I didn't delete the files I don't want, just renamed them.

motorhaith

Reaction score
can anyone help me copy or move the BackupAssistanceClient.apk from my sdcard to the phone using adb shell, su,? i kinda need the command list... kinda slow at this...

OP
Q

qoncept

can anyone help me copy or move the BackupAssistanceClient.apk from my sdcard to the phone using adb shell, su,? i kinda need the command list... kinda slow at this...

cd /system/app
cp /sdcard/filename.api ./filename.apk

big007hed

Reaction score
2 Questions:
  • Why would you want to dump Car Dock? That is probably my FAVORITE app on the Droid X!
  • What is Corporate Dictionary?
I don't use the car dock, and it's annoying when it pops up every time I put my phone back on the dock. I use Setting Profiles to automatically open Pandora when I put the car in the dock.

I don't know what Corporate Dictionary is but I'm sure I'll never use it.

Is Setting Profiles an app? I would love to set it to open Pandora as well. Thanks.

OP
Q

qoncept

2 Questions:
  • Why would you want to dump Car Dock? That is probably my FAVORITE app on the Droid X!
  • What is Corporate Dictionary?
I don't use the car dock, and it's annoying when it pops up every time I put my phone back on the dock. I use Setting Profiles to automatically open Pandora when I put the car in the dock.

I don't know what Corporate Dictionary is but I'm sure I'll never use it.

Is Setting Profiles an app? I would love to set it to open Pandora as well. Thanks.
Yep. Its not free but its worth it. Kinda like Locale.

jaredb03

Reaction score
What blur stuff can be removed? Is it safe to remove all of it as i don't use any of it?

misdirection

Reaction score
Okay..

I finally managed to root my Droid X.. However, will this brick my Droid X if I decided to recover it/reinstall it?

So if I removed all of these junks that Verizon installed it, will it improve the speed or ... just wondering.

It took me a while to root Droid X but I finally GOT IT!:icon_ banana: