[HOW TO] Remove bloatware

avt123

Reaction score
I keep reading about people performing factory resets after they remove things. I removed a lot and have not performed one. Is it recommended?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I keep reading about people performing factory resets after they remove things. I removed a lot and have not performed one. Is it recommended?

if you delete an app and it still shows up in the drawer, then yes

avt123

Reaction score

if you delete an app and it still shows up in the drawer, then yes

Hmm that happened to me but then I just rebooted my phone and it was gone.

Ok that makes sense then.

Smackbox.org

Reaction score
I'd like to see a list of all the bloatware that can renamed without damaging a device.

I'd REALLY like to know how to remove kindle from my phone as well.

F***ing bloatware. >:|

Full list of apks and apps that can/cannot be removed.

A strange thing I noticed today was that my battery seemed to be draining quicker after i renamed a few apk to bak. I renamed, BB,backupassist,amazon,callerid and fm. Since then my battery only lasted a half a day. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this and also Im wondering if the software still searches for the app after it can not find it?

quadjacks

Reaction score
A strange thing I noticed today was that my battery seemed to be draining quicker after i renamed a few apk to bak. I renamed, BB,backupassist,amazon,callerid and fm. Since then my battery only lasted a half a day. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this and also Im wondering if the software still searches for the app after it can not find it?

From the OP...
Before I go on, I want to note a few things. READ THIS:
1) The method we are using here is RENAMING the files. That way, if you decide you want an app back, you can rename the file back to it's original name.
2) If you're not sure what an app is or what it does, don't touch it! Several people have changed a file they weren't sure about and it affected the phone in some way they didn't realize.
3) Further, understand that removing some apps will break functionality in others. They interact in ways you can't predict. If you have a problem, rename the file back.
4) Don't touch BackupAssistantClient.apk. Apparently it can cause a huge disaster when doing a system recovery. Leave it alone.
May be your issue!

Smackbox.org

Reaction score

From the OP...
1) The method we are using here is RENAMING the files. That way, if you decide you want an app back, you can rename the file back to it's original name.
2) If you're not sure what an app is or what it does, don't touch it! Several people have changed a file they weren't sure about and it affected the phone in some way they didn't realize.
3) Further, understand that removing some apps will break functionality in others. They interact in ways you can't predict. If you have a problem, rename the file back.
4) Don't touch BackupAssistantClient.apk. Apparently it can cause a huge disaster when doing a system recovery. Leave it alone.
May be your issue!

YA saw that, Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed the same. I have since then renamed everything and will see how much longer the battery will last. Thanks!

quadjacks

Reaction score

From the OP...
May be your issue!

YA saw that, Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed the same. I have since then renamed everything and will see how much longer the battery will last. Thanks!
No Problem, just didn't want you getting jerked around by the board police!lol!

Smackbox.org

Reaction score

blankooie

Reaction score
Can anyone post a proper tutorial to putting backupassitance back on the phone? thanks.

blackbird2150

Reaction score
So i bought root explorer, and maybe i'm just an idiot, but i don't see a 'mount as r/w' option... i can get to the services but obviously it won't allow me to rename them b/c i'm mounted as read only.

thoughts?

EDIT: Guess I'm just a moron and didn't read the first line in the first post.

quadjacks

Reaction score
So i bought root explorer, and maybe i'm just an idiot, but i don't see a 'mount as r/w' option... i can get to the services but obviously it won't allow me to rename them b/c i'm mounted as read only.

thoughts?

Well unless you have rooted, you will not see it...

dw900rr79

Reaction score

thoughts?

How do you root it. I am having the same issue. I have the program but i don't see how to mount..

quadjacks

Reaction score

thoughts?

How do you root it. I am having the same issue. I have the program but i don't see how to mount..
What is ROOT???

How to Root DX!!

Root FAQ

HOPE tHIS hELPS!!dancedroid