Bloatware won't go away

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Ok, I rooted my DX. I've removed (renamed) a bunch of apps I don't want and are on the 'safe lists' to remove. However, two aren't going away. The Amazon MP3 store and Kindle apps won't go away from my app library. I've renamed their .apk files but still wont' disappear after a reboot. They also still launch just fine. Also, what is the .apk name of Latitude, and can I get rid of Latitude?

dougivks

Reaction score
have you installed updates of these apps? I had this happen on the blockbuster app. after renaming it, it still was in my tray and would still launch. I used uninstaller to uninstall the update, and the app disappeared from the tray.

Dom

Reaction score
have you installed updates of these apps? I had this happen on the blockbuster app. after renaming it, it still was in my tray and would still launch. I used uninstaller to uninstall the update, and the app disappeared from the tray.

I was able to remove those apps with Android Mate which you can get on the market for free. Or if you can use ADB on your computer try this:

Example= C:\sdk\tools>adb shell
$ su
su
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# rm Blockbuster.apk >(or) whatever name you name the file<

Here is a list of apps to remove
Full list of apps and apks that are removable and non-removable with root - Android Forums

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/62427-how-remove-bloatware.html

InBox485

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. I deleted the app. Checked that there were no updates. I even tried installing the update and deleting it again. The blockbuster app won't die.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd suggest not deleting the bloatware as this can cause a lot of issues down the road. Instead, get Titanium Backup Pro and freeze the apps.

DroidForums junkie!!

Dustin.

Reaction score
I'd suggest not deleting the bloatware as this can cause a lot of issues down the road. Instead, get Titanium Backup Pro and freeze the apps.

DroidForums junkie!!

This! Or follow that link of what is SAFE to remove and rename them or remove them but keep copies on your PC. That or make a Nandroid backup and try a custom ROM!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

the5barrons

Reaction score

DroidForums junkie!!

Freezing didn't get rid of Amazon MP3. Everything else disappeared after freezing. Amazon, did not. Personally, I don't care enough to chase down why. I never open it so it just sits in my drawer which I rarely shuffle through anyways...

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I rooted my DX. I've removed (renamed) a bunch of apps I don't want and are on the 'safe lists' to remove. However, two aren't going away. The Amazon MP3 store and Kindle apps won't go away from my app library. I've renamed their .apk files but still wont' disappear after a reboot. They also still launch just fine. Also, what is the .apk name of Latitude, and can I get rid of Latitude?

Yea, almost everything I've frozen with Titanium BU goes away in app drawer. However Amazon MP3 is still there. I think Kindle went away with 928's Theme.

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With my D2 I removed Amazon mp3, no problem I also restored it with no problem as well.

The one you want to be careful with is City I.D. The only way to restore that one is to sbf.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
With my D2 I removed Amazon mp3, no problem I also restored it with no problem as well.

The one you want to be careful with is City I.D. The only way to restore that one is to sbf.

+1 on City ID.

Learned from my 1st DX, before I knew what sbf was.

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.