My apps entries show as "not installed" and won't go away.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
I have a rooted stock d1. A short while ago I used titanium backup to remove the facebook and twitter apps. Now they're sitting in market under my apps showing as not installed but they won't go away. I'd love to get rid of them from the list... I just hate facebook and twitter.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
They are not installed though correct? I would try clearing cache on the market or maybe rebooting the phone and see if that works.

OP
DoctorDeDroid

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
As far as I can tell they are not installed... i.e. they are not in the app drawer. Amazon mp3 store didn't behave this way. I should mention the details however...

A month or two ago, I was merrily rooted and everything was copacetic. Then I got update notifications for around 6 or 7 apps at once and I blithely hit "update all". Unfortunately two of the apps happened to be the twitter and facebook apps which I never used. I had TiBu'ed them already with the expectation of removing them but hadn't done so... of course now I wish I had. I did the uninstall updates, but they persisted in market showing as "installed" because of course they were installed... but they presumably were the original apps. The updates were gone from /data/apps.

Anyway in my panic, I ended up doing another TiBu and since I have the free version I stomped the original apps with the updates. Well this led to that and eventually between removing them with TiBu and rolling back the market updates, I actually ended up in a boot loop! So I restored from my most recent nandroid backup which was prior to the app updates, then before I did anything else I used TiBu to get rid of amazon, facebook, twitter and visual voicemail. But even after all that with wiping cache, and the market cache/data etc. They still persist and show as "not installed" in market. I have no intention of ever re-installing them. I just thought that restoring the nandroid would take care of this (it certainly took care of the bootloop thank heaven).

I have to say market is bizarre and terribly quirky.

And no this isn't THAT big a deal... and I'm tempted to sbf back to FRG22D to see if that'll help scour out the rest of the nonsense, but the phone is working well otherwise.

Added:

Awwww c'mon JSM, Don't quit on me now!!!! ;-) I've cleared cache and rebooted many times before I posted here... and help with the stupid market is exceedingly tough to come by....

Last edited: