[HOW TO] Remove bloatware

Reaction score
Is there a way to do this through root explorer? I can't get the entertainment key to work in terminal emulator. Don't want to actually delete them if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jmims

Reaction score
I don't have an X, but I do have a rooted Droid here... instead of using all these adb commands and what not, since you guys have root now, why not just use Root Manager? Much simpler and easier.

addroidx

Reaction score
Thought I would post this here, it's a tweet from birdman (the guy that figured out root):

DO NOT REMOVE BACKUPASSISTANTCLIENT if you do, get it back on there NOW! a factory reset will result in a near brick.

YMMV

OP
Q

qoncept

Awesome, thanks man....... I found a few sites where the instructions were to remove the software and I ran the first line and realized what it was and wanted to find a safer way....

Is there a way I could get the amazonmp3_1.7.22_signed_zipaligned.apk back ( that was the one deleted), thanks for all the help!!! Im a n00b to Droid and this site is just plain money!!!
Well, I'm trying to upload it somewhere but can't get it to work. Email me and I can send it to you.

Staywide8

Reaction score
Thought I would post this here, it's a tweet from birdman (the guy that figured out root):

DO NOT REMOVE BACKUPASSISTANTCLIENT if you do, get it back on there NOW! a factory reset will result in a near brick.

YMMV

How do we get it back

OP
Q

qoncept

Thanks for the heads up. OP updated.

Staywide8

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks man....... I found a few sites where the instructions were to remove the software and I ran the first line and realized what it was and wanted to find a safer way....

Is there a way I could get the amazonmp3_1.7.22_signed_zipaligned.apk back ( that was the one deleted), thanks for all the help!!! Im a n00b to Droid and this site is just plain money!!!
Well, I'm trying to upload it somewhere but can't get it to work. Email me and I can send it to you.

[email protected] please.

OP
Q

qoncept

Is there a way to do this through root explorer? I can't get the entertainment key to work in terminal emulator. Don't want to actually delete them if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Yep, OP has been updated. Slapping myself on the forehead for not just doing that to begin with.

Reaction score
I don't use the car dock, and it's annoying when it pops up every time I put my phone back on the dock. I use Setting Profiles to automatically open Pandora when I put the car in the dock.
I don't know what Corporate Dictionary is but I'm sure I'll never use it.

It's just funny, because I know a lot of people that utilize the car dock and love the simplicity of the interface. Plus, it's not like it's subscription-based or costs any money to use like most of the other apps mentioned.

I am guessing that Corporate Dictionary is actually a typo and was supposed to have be Corporate Directory. (Which, if you have an active Corporate Sync setup, will show your company's Exchange Mail server contact list.) Not sure if the typo was done by the poster or by Motorola/Android developers...