How to HARD RESET Droid Bionic

jdmcwestevo

Reaction score
well i bricked my phone day one playing around with it, so tried hard reset to no avail lol :'( o well. anyway here is how you do it since the ones i found online are wrong.

1. hold down BOTH volume up and down, and press and hold power.
2.scroll down with volume down to recovery
3. select recovery with volume up
4. at the droid triangle screen again press BOTH volume up and down
5. scroll to wipe data/factory reset
6. select with power button
7. scroll down to yes with volume down
8. select yes with power button
9. wait for it to do its thing.
10. select reboot now with power button.

now you have performed a hard reset on your phone.

I am not responsible if you screw it up, and this WILL delete everything off your phone and put it back to factory settings. If your phone is still messed up you will need to return it.

mdroid2g

Reaction score
How does a hard reset differ from a standard factory reset. I did the factory just because the sales rep set it up for me at costco and i wanted to do it. So i loaded it up with crap until it started acting funny then i reset it and started fresh.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
J

jdmcwestevo

Reaction score
How does a hard reset differ from a standard factory reset. I did the factory just because the sales rep set it up for me at costco and i wanted to do it. So i loaded it up with crap until it started acting funny then i reset it and started fresh.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

it essentially does the same thing. only thing is if you get stuck where you cant get to your settings menu this is how you reset the phone. in my case it was stuck in a boot loop where it won't boot the phone fully, so i tried this reset it, but its still messed up. verizon told me to take it in tomorrow for an exchange, so not a huge deal

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Thats what i figured. Good luck with your exchange.

ibtrubl

Reaction score
sorry this was posted by accident

Last edited:

tonyewald76

Reaction score
Thanks for this post. Very helpful. I stupidly fiddled with a light bulb/socket with my right hand while holding the Bionic in my left and got zapped. The surge must've shorted the device. Fortunately I didn't have to completely factory rest, just rebooted the system after the Droid triangle screen (step 5 above). Saved my settings/apps.

kplain

Reaction score
I've tried this and still no luck. The phone continues to loop through the bootup process.