[How-To] Force Motorola Droid 2.1 OTA Update (ESE81)

dagr8tim

Reaction score
Not to drag up an old thread, but has anyone gotten the OTA update to Froyo after this?

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Not to drag up an old thread, but has anyone gotten the OTA update to Froyo after this?

Droidforums.net and Droid-life.com are reporting that the update was pulled. No one is getting it until they start sending the fixed version.

dagr8tim

Reaction score

Droidforums.net and Droid-life.com are reporting that the update was pulled. No one is getting it until they start sending the fixed version.

I know the update was pulled. My thing is that I went to 2.2, then reverted back to 2.0.1, and can't get an OTA back to 2.1. I'm wondering if I use the update documented in this thread, will I still be able to get 2.2 OTA when it's ready.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Oh...then I don't know...sorry! I think you "should" as long as you're not rooted. I unrooted using that DroidMod app (and I guess was lucky that I didn't brick my phone!)...anyway...when I went to 2.01 it was automatically trying to get me to accept a system update.
Good luck!

dagr8tim

Reaction score
Oh...then I don't know...sorry! I think you "should" as long as you're not rooted. I unrooted using that DroidMod app (and I guess was lucky that I didn't brick my phone!)...anyway...when I went to 2.01 it was automatically trying to get me to accept a system update.
Good luck!

Thanks, I'm wondering if VZW turned off all OTA updates while they get this sorted out. I just went to 2.1, and I'm debating if I want to go to 2.2

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I manually updated to 2.2 a couple nights ago. Whatever the issue is, I havent experienced it. The only issue I have is a better running phone.

dagr8tim

Reaction score
I manually updated to 2.2 a couple nights ago. Whatever the issue is, I havent experienced it. The only issue I have is a better running phone.

I did the update the other night too. Then the next morning thought VZW was going to start the OTA updates, so I reverted to 2.0.1. You have no idea how horrible it is to go from 2.2 to 2.0.1 and then be left hanging there.

At this point, I manually updated to 2.1, and then to 2.2. I just hope I can still get OTA updates.