How To Enable Double Tap To Wake On The Nexus 6P

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

With the fingerprint scanner in the back this seems like a moot point. The fingerprint scanner does an awesome job of waking and unlocking your device. The Nexus 6 didn't have a fingerprint scanner so a better way of waking this device was to double tap the screen. The feature does exist in the Nexus 6P, but it is hidden. In order to enable the feature you will need to be rooted. Once rooted you will need to copy the code below into terminal emulator.

echo 1 > /sys/devices/soc.0/f9924000.i2c/i2c-2/2-0070/input/input0/wake_gesture

The only real downside to this is that it will not stick through a reboot. Which means everytime you reboot you will have to retype the code which is kind of lame!

via XDA

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Still a good option to have!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Enable Double Tap is in the Settings on my phone. Can't understand why some manufactures including Google has eliminated it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I might need to enable this. I just realized when my phone is in my armband, I can't interact with it very well, fingerprint sensor is block and squeezing the power button isn't easy.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I always loved this on my G2, I think this will be one of the many things I do after rooting.

on the move..

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haven't kept up with a lot of what's out there lately. If it's not possible to currently run this code via some other app like Tasker (which I assume it is but I'm not a user), I'd be happy to build something to run that command at boot.
Could someone give feedback as to whether it's needed

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The developer that discovered this is apparently working on baking it into his ROM so that it can continue working after rebooting.

Sent from my Nexus 6P