Google's Nexus 6 Almost Had Tap To Wake Feature

Valvoline

Reaction score
really? how difficult is it to press the power button?
My lg3 had it's power button on the back. No buttons on any side. So when my phone is laying on the desk if have to pick it up to unlock it. The tap to wake function is very handy

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
My lg3 had it's power button on the back. No buttons on any side. So when my phone is laying on the desk if have to pick it up to unlock it. The tap to wake function is very handy
I can see it being helpful when the power button is i a not standard not easy accessible location.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
really? how difficult is it to press the power button?

It isn't hard at all. But....

A. Much easier to reach over and unlock when it is sitting on the table or desk by tapping.

B. Saves wear on the power button

I loved the back buttons on my G2. But I loved it even more that I never even had to touch them for anything. Knock on/off and volume slider widget cured that.

Tap to wake is also very handy on a large screen device. Depending on how someone is holding the device, it can be much more convenient than a physical button that's stationary.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Tap to wake is also very handy on a large screen device. Depending on how someone is holding the device, it can be much more convenient than a physical button that's stationary.
I pretty much use it exclusively to wake my device