How to delete the ICS update file?

geppetto

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the correct forum...

The ICS update file was downloaded to my wifes' Bionic and we do not plan to perform the installation. How can I delete the file and stop the 'do you wish to do the install?' prompts? The phone is NOT rooted and we do not wish to do so.

Thank you.

Edit - 10/30/2012
A solution can be found here - http://androidforums.com/bionic-all...w-block-upgrades-updates-motorola-bionic.html

OP
G

geppetto

Reaction score
As much as I would rather not root the phone, I do not want to install ICS more. Can you provide some additional info please? Also, am I correct that I can un-root at a later date to install ICS? It would be after the first fix is released. After seeing the problems ICS inflicted on my daughters RAZR, it is something that I really would rather not have on my wifes' phone now.

Thank you.

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
After seeing the problems ICS inflicted on my daughters RAZR, it is something that I really would rather not have on my wifes' phone now.

our ics update is much better than the razr's was. generally people love it from what i can tell. and any problems people have can normally be fixed with a factory reset after updating (backing up data of course)

tlarseth

Reaction score
our ics update is much better than the razr's was. generally people love it from what i can tell. and any problems people have can normally be fixed with a factory reset after updating (backing up data of course)

Yep, most issues people have had with the ICS update are fixed by either an FDR, wiping cache through system recovery, or updating moto drivers on their computer. I have also noticed people complain about various things that are known glitches that normally fix themselves after a few days of use, ICS is a bit weird that you have to run it for about 3-4 days for it to settle in. I have been on ICS ever since the old 2233 leak, and I would not go back to 905 even if I could, which I can't since the ICS update.

sk102704

Reaction score
tlarseth said:
Yep, most issues people have had with the ICS update are fixed by either an FDR, wiping cache through system recovery, or updating moto drivers on their computer. I have also noticed people complain about various things that are known glitches that normally fix themselves after a few days of use, ICS is a bit weird that you have to run it for about 3-4 days for it to settle in. I have been on ICS ever since the old 2233 leak, and I would not go back to 905 even if I could, which I can't since the ICS update.

I was having some sluggishness and was about to do a FDR but saw a thread with a different suggestion. What I did is simply change the transition animation scale from 1x to. 5x and it made a huge difference. Some people had said thiers were set on 10x and changing it to.5x made a huuge difference.

Gotta give credit to nri1998 for this tip. If anybody is having speed issues I highly recommend this method. Its very easy too. Simply go to Settings>developers options>transition animation scale and make sure that it set to. 5x (that's point 5 x, stupid auto correct).

Hope this helps people as much as it has helped me. Once again thanks nri1998 for the tip!

tlarseth

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with sluggishness on my phone, and I have a lot of apps installed on both SDCard and Internal. My Scaling is set to 1x which is the default.