how long have you had the same cell phone #

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
3 1/2 here. Moved from FL to Ohio and the prefixes are 704 for fl and 740 for ohio. So changed so no one would get confused. Also changed when I moved from Maryland to FL. Its always more covenient to have a local number so I change when I move.

Sent from somewhere...

TcRoc

Reaction score
Roughly 20 years, my wife has the number now.
I thnk I was 18 when I got my 1st cell,,its the same number

Lenagainster

Reaction score
We had the same landline number for 44 years. When we dropped our landline and went with cellphones only, the change was painless. Send out some emails, called our Luddite friends and gave them our new numbers. Made all the necessary changes at banks, doctors, etc. Kept the landline for a month after we said we were dropping it, just to be sure we didn't miss any important calls. No calls. No complaints from people who couldn't reach us. Learned a valuable lesson from that. With all the smartphones and speed dialing and voice dialing, not too many dial all ten digits manually when calling. Changing a phone number is not that big a deal. It certainly shouldn't prevent one from changing services, or getting a new "local" number if that is important.
I rarely dial anyone's number anymore, and don't remember most folks' numbers. Just find 'em on the contact list and hit the phone icon.
But to answer the OP's original question, we've had our same cell numbers for 5 years.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
probably about 6 or 7 years

had the same number since freshman year in high school i think

Beka27

Reaction score
We didn't have cell phones for a long time because we didn't need them and wanted to save the money. Finally got Verizon 2 years ago last month. I really, really like my phone number, it's kinda cool, so I'm wanting to hold on to it as long as possible.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
We didn't have cell phones for a long time because we didn't need them and wanted to save the money. Finally got Verizon 2 years ago last month. I really, really like my phone number, it's kinda cool, so I'm wanting to hold on to it as long as possible.

867-5309?

;)
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
We had our land line for 18 years before transferring it to a cell 2 years ago, made the transition even easier to leave a message that we would no longer be using that number after two years, please call us on our cells :) those #s we've had for 10 years.

We had the same landline number for 44 years. When we dropped our landline and went with cellphones only, the change was painless. Send out some emails, called our Luddite friends and gave them our new numbers. Made all the necessary changes at banks, doctors, etc. Kept the landline for a month after we said we were dropping it, just to be sure we didn't miss any important calls. No calls. No complaints from people who couldn't reach us. Learned a valuable lesson from that. With all the smartphones and speed dialing and voice dialing, not too many dial all ten digits manually when calling. Changing a phone number is not that big a deal. It certainly shouldn't prevent one from changing services, or getting a new "local" number if that is important.
I rarely dial anyone's number anymore, and don't remember most folks' numbers. Just find 'em on the contact list and hit the phone icon.
But to answer the OP's original question, we've had our same cell numbers for 5 years.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Bilgediver

Reaction score
What's intersting I have a friend I work with who changed phone numbers frequently for personal security reasons, and yet he was told changing numbers frequently reflects bad on your credit.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App