Random Cell Phone Facts

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
****PLEASE ADD FACTS TOO****

" The first documented use of the word “cell phone” was in 1984."

"The first handheld cell phone weighed 2.4 pounds and was 9 x 5 x 1.75 inches in size."

"World-wide approximately 88.3% of all mobile phones in use today are not iPhones."

"According to the Guinness World Records, the current fastest texter in the world is Sonja Kristiansen of Norway who was able to text the following message in 37.28 seconds (fastest to date): “The razor-toothed piranhas of the general Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality, they seldom attack a human.”

"The top 5 countries in the world with the most currently active cell phones are: China: 1.2 billion phones; India: 904 million phones; U.S. 327 million phones; Brazil: 276 million phones."

" It was a full 10 years after public demonstration of the first handheld cell phone in 1973 before the first commercial handheld cell phone, the DynaTAC 8000x (“Dynamic Adaptive Total Area Coverage”), hit the market on March 6, 1983. This phone weighed “only” 1.1 pounds, had 30 minutes of battery life (8 hours of standby), and was initially priced at $3,995, which is about $9300 today."

"Well use our phones roughly, 85 times per day."

"An interesting thing is that nearly 90% of the mobile phones in Japan are waterproof, as the people of Japan are very fond of mobile phones that they use it even in the shower."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
"In 2012, Apple sold 37.04 million iPhones in 14 weeks — or 262 phones per-minute and 4 phones per-second."

" Everyone cannot afford to enjoy the luxuries of life, but there are a few lucky ones who can. For those lucky people, Apple had launched its iPhone5 fully coated with 26 carat black diamond.
It was launched with the price of $15.3 million and became the world’s most expensive phone."

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
We all are a little irritated by the ever increasing bills we pay, mobile bill being one of them. Well, imagine being Celina Aarons, who got the biggest shock of her life when she opened her cell phone bill and found she owed $201,000.
The reason? Celina had two brothers who were deaf and mute and communicated with her via text over their phones. Usually it wasn’t a problem thanks to a standard data plan. But on a trip to Canada one brother sent over 2,000 text messages and downloaded videos at a cost of around $2,000 per vid.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We all are a little irritated by the ever increasing bills we pay, mobile bill being one of them. Well, imagine being Celina Aarons, who got the biggest shock of her life when she opened her cell phone bill and found she owed $201,000.
The reason? Celina had two brothers who were deaf and mute and communicated with her via text over their phones. Usually it wasn’t a problem thanks to a standard data plan. But on a trip to Canada one brother sent over 2,000 text messages and downloaded videos at a cost of around $2,000 per vid.

Common sense should have told them to look into an international data/call/text plan before going to another country.
Hopefully the cell company worked with them on this bill, but I can't help but SMH when I hear things like this. People aren't very bright sometimes.

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Common sense should have told them to look into an international data/call/text plan before going to another country.
Hopefully the cell company worked with them on this bill, but I can't help but SMH when I hear things like this. People aren't very bright sometimes.

S5 tap'n
You would have though that. Their fault, pay up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I remember when I was younger, like 16. They had a, well I guess a meet up type group and you could talk to the people via phone calls. But they charged by the minute. My grandmother beat me silly. The phone bill was $987

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
" Have you ever used Nokia 1100? Be proud, it was the bestselling electrical gadget in history with more than 250 million pieces sold.:

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
This sounds odd, but you can charge your phone by using urine, scientists developed it.

Hmmmmmm.....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There is no way to charge a modern cell phone with urine. What the...?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Try it, let us know how it works...

Sent from my New Note 7
Yuck.......

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I remember when I was younger, like 16. They had a, well I guess a meet up type group and you could talk to the people via phone calls. But they charged by the minute. My grandmother beat me silly. The phone bill was $987

Whoa! And beat your butt at 16 she should! not only because the bill of $987 but because how dangerous it could be talking to complete strangers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Whoa! And beat your butt at 16 she should! not only because the bill of $987 but because how dangerous it could be talking to complete strangers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Our phones growing up were a "party" line. We all shared one number. We just asked the people who were talking to wrap it up so we could call out. No big deal.