How long can you last without your phone?

Wopback

Reaction score
I thought this would be interesting to see the different responses on this. So here it goes....

Considering the "need" most of have with our smart phones, how long could you go if you did not have it (day, week, etc.). Whether it breaks, lost, or stolen...... I had my Maxx shut down 3 months ago and I didnt have a phone for 1 day. It was misery because I constantly communicate with work email, texting my wife, banking, etc...

My replacement was sent the next day. But, if I didnt have it, I would have activated my INC2.

So my answer is 1 day......

My...my how times have changed. Ask this 15 years ago and the title would have been "how long can you last without your pager?"...LOL!!!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never HAD to be without it, so I can't answer honestly I guess. 10 minutes? ;)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I have several back ups. A couple at work and a couple at home, so I would assume minutes. But I could last a day. I think.

Fonzz

Reaction score
I'd happily go without it for a week or so, assuming I was on vacation in a beautiful place that didn't have cell phone reception at all...

sean9721

Reaction score
I went about 10 hours without mine, and that was because I forgot it at home. I felt lost without it.

msuduo

Reaction score
I've gone days without mine but I didn't "last". I was begging for it within a few hours.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
My phone has replaced my right hand. I even text my wife when she's in the next room....

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I could go without it indefinitely. I like it and it's useful but no way is it something I need.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I go without mine every time I workout and run.. that's a total of an hour to 3 hours, 5 times a week...

Then there's practice time and also gigs...
.but if I'm not doing one of those things... then yeah. Not long.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
I go without mine every time I workout and run.. that's a total of an hour to 3 hours, 5 times a week...

Then there's practice time and also gigs...
.but if I'm not doing one of those things... then yeah. Not long.

That doesn't count, can't hear it ringing due to tunes. I don't even take mine with me, but I check the blinking light when I get back.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sure it does. I don't listen to music when I work out.. I concentrate on my breath and form..

Practice time is music... also gigs so that I guess might not count.

arborij

Reaction score
I can't go an hour, unless I'm home, then the tablet is in my hands.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2