How easy is it to access the power button?

KallDrexx

Reaction score
So i woke up yesterday to find that the power button on my droid has died. It's not stuck, (it still clicks and springs back up) it just doesn't do anything. It isn't a software issue because when the phone isnpowered off, it doesn't turn on. The only way I could power it up is by hooking it up to the charger.

Since it is 1 month out of warranty, verizon won't fix it. Verizons insurance blows and only covers getting a refurb for $89. I have a feeling fixing it is just a matter of cleaning it out. Everything else with the phone works perfectly.

I am probably going to upgrade my phone since I am contract, and am thinking of selling my phone. I am wondering how possible it would be to access the inside of the power button and see if I can fix it. Anyone have any experience?

tommyb38

Reaction score
You state that you are a month out of warranty and that you also have insurance. If you have Verizon insurance, that extends the warranty to 2 years if you had TEC, which I would be about 99% sure that you would have, so you should be covered by warranty unless the phone has physical damage.

OP
K

KallDrexx

Reaction score
You state that you are a month out of warranty and that you also have insurance. If you have Verizon insurance, that extends the warranty to 2 years if you had TEC, which I would be about 99% sure that you would have, so you should be covered by warranty unless the phone has physical damage.

Verizon's site is dead it seems (Verizonwireless.com at least) and the verizon app on my Droid is dead, so I can't check my TEC status, but I know i pay $6 something a month for Asurion insurance, and according to this, a $99 deductible for an approved claim is required, even for manufacturing defects.

So it seems like I am SOL, unless I am reading things wrong (and the Verizon store told it to me wrong)