How does this rom compare to BB or SS?

WAHarris

Reaction score
You can never go wrong with JRummy, I have always been happy with the performance and themes of his roms. I am running Kangerade Blue with Chevy's ULV 1.1GHz kernel and getting Quadrant scores around 1500 consistently.

wolfpack_lamb

Reaction score
So far this rom is my favorite. I love being able to easily switch the themes by just installing another version over my current install. There are very few bugs that I have found and it seems to run cooler and faster than the other roms. Bugless beast had too many problems and I wasn't a big fan of the look of simply stunning. You can't go wrong with this rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
i have been running the cyan Kangerade for days with 1.25ghz kernel and my two Quadrant scores were both in the 1630's as of last night

Sounds about right, maybe a tad low but in the right area. My spare Droid that is running the actual SBF flash file with P3's 1.2Ghz kernel I get about 1670 on average. Highest I got out of it was 1712.

I currently just flashed the Cyan Kangerade ROM to my daily droid and still have it on the sotck kernel at 800Mhz. After 2 Quadrant runs right now I got a 1045 on the first run, and the second 1167. That said anyone running a 1Ghz or higher kernel should be getting well over 1200-1300 on Quadrant.

Be that as it all may so far so good on the Kangerade ROM and I've been putting it to the tests today like no tomorrow and all is holding up very well.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
I am on SS 4.1 running jdlfg 7 slot 1.2 ghz kernel. I've had quadrant scores max about 1710 ish.

Really these froyo roms atm are really all exactly the same, the only difference is in what scripts/apps they added or removed and what theme the user picked to install.

It probably comes down to kernels as to performance scores... that and how good you are at cleaning out apps you don't need (makes a HUGE difference).

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am on SS 4.1 running jdlfg 7 slot 1.2 ghz kernel. I've had quadrant scores max about 1710 ish.

Really these froyo roms atm are really all exactly the same, the only difference is in what scripts/apps they added or removed and what theme the user picked to install.

It probably comes down to kernels as to performance scores... that and how good you are at cleaning out apps you don't need (makes a HUGE difference).

yep, cuz everyone is using the same build (p3's leak) and source isn't released yet you should get the same performance on all these froyo roms. If you have issues w/ speed or performance it's most likely your kernel or cuz you have 1 million apps installed or something like that.

Small hacks can be done to speed things up at boot but you can pretty much have the same speed w/ setting things in setcpu. So, for the froyo roms that are out now I would suggest looking at features in the rom and making your selection that way cuz you will get the same permformance on froyo roms out now unless they are using an updated leak or they have gotten access to source in some magical way :)

otter34

Reaction score
I'm brand new to rooting. 3 days ago I was using BB 0.2.1 and getting quadrant scores around 850. I ran it on Jrummy and got 1018! I was pretty surprised. I don't have anything bad to say about BB except that flash wasn't working. I'm hoping flash will work w/ this one

edit: Oh helllll yeah. Flash works! I went to tv.com and tried some things and it said that my browser was blocking it from working or that it had moved. Hmm....guess it doesn't work there. I went to espn.com and listened to a podcast that I couldn't listen to before. I also watched a small clip from 24, cbs.com and watched a small clip from two and a half men so it looks good! Is there a way to watch in high quality as oppose to the somewhat blurry quality I get on the website?

Interestingly I went to http://m.flash.com/ where they are supposed to be showcasing flash and wasn't able to load a video of how I met your mother.

OP
jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I'm brand new to rooting. 3 days ago I was using BB 0.2.1 and getting quadrant scores around 850. I ran it on Jrummy and got 1018! I was pretty surprised. I don't have anything bad to say about BB except that flash wasn't working. I'm hoping flash will work w/ this one

edit: Oh helllll yeah. Flash works! I went to tv.com and tried some things and it said that my browser was blocking it from working or that it had moved. Hmm....guess it doesn't work there. I went to espn.com and listened to a podcast that I couldn't listen to before. I also watched a small clip from 24, cbs.com and watched a small clip from two and a half men so it looks good! Is there a way to watch in high quality as oppose to the somewhat blurry quality I get on the website?

Interestingly I went to Adobe Flash showcase for mobile (BETA) where they are supposed to be showcasing flash and wasn't able to load a video of how I met your mother.

I think the blurry quality is from the flash not being able to keep up with the video. The flash is in beta after all dancedroid

wylie

Reaction score
This has been hands down the most stable and reliable Froyo Rom out there for me. Everything I use just seems to work the way it is supposed to. I've tried BB, SS, TC and Onix, and this has been the best. Nothing against the others as they are all great, but right now, this is the one for me.

falkien

Reaction score
I have used UD beta, UD RC1, UD RC2, SS,BB. I think that the Jrummy rom is the most stable with less problems. But I am pretty sure that it is different on every phone.

coltzfan

Reaction score
I have used all three and am currently checking out the kang one. I like BB I have had no problems. IMO i did not care for the SS. I do like that Kang scripts dont require Terminal emulator. Much easier. my quadrant on all three has been between 1200-1400 with Chevy ulv 1ghz

superglen99

Reaction score
I used bb up to v.2.1 and switched to kangerade. For me kangerade has way more options and runs way better. Honestly quadrant scores aren't worth crap, its how well your phone runs. If you got quadrant scores of 1600 but your phone is sluggish and buggy who cares? Kangerade rocks!