Observation of Froyo and heat

Darkseider

Reaction score
OK. So I will keep this as brief as I can and hopefully some folks will chime in as well with their observations.

1. Ran BB Froyo v0.1, 0.2 and 0.2.1, SS Froyo and Froyo Kangerade

2. I have run these with every iteration of kernel using SetCPU as well as the OC script in Bugless Beast (when running BB).

3. No matter what I have found that Froyo runs the battery hot. Granted there was a little difference between certain ROMs but none more than two degrees centigrade.

I went back and tested my BB v1.0 image running Bekits LV 800 Mhz running Pete's script as well as SetCPU. It ran, on average, 4.8 Degrees centigrade cooler when checking the battery temps. This was when comparing it to the avg. of all the Froyo ROMs and kernel combinations running both SetCPU and Pete's Script when running BB Froyo.

Now the question I have is this. What is it that is causing Froyo ROMs to run the battery this hot? One can conclude that the CPU is also running hotter as well. Hopefully that when Froyo is officially released as well as the AOSP updated these issues will be ironed out or because the source is available, found and squashed.

EDIT: All kernel set to 800 Max through SetCPU for testing.