Recovery Broken/Superuser Permissions Broken

kbomb97

Reaction score
I was running Sapphire 0.8 (which I installed using RSD Lite) before this all happened. Once Sapphire 1.0 was released I attempted to install it using Clockwork Recovery/ROM Manager but I kept having issues so I kept restoring to a good backup.

I then installed Froyo Rooted/Unrooted listed under the "STOCK" section in ROM Manager and now I am no longer rooted apparently. When I try to boot into recovery I just keep getting a droid with a triangle with an ! in it.

All I want to be able to do is get back to Sapphire 0.8 because at least I was OC'ed and flash doesn't run that well anyways. I think I'll need to flash a new recovery image but I'm worried that I might wipe my good back up.

The weirdest part about this whole thing is that I installed SetCPU once I was running 2.2 and it asked for permission and allowed me to OC to 800 MHz (which I was not happy about) but then when I installed ROM Manager it did not prompt me for superuser permissions and it/clockwork simply will not work now. Then when I went back to SetCPU it told me that I was not rooted. I don't understand what the heck happened!!

Can anyone help?

InfernoX51

Reaction score
The problem is that you unrooted your phone. You will need to re-root in order to reinstall Sapphire (which is up to v 1.1.1 now). The triangle you see in recovery is the stock recovery console.

Next step should just be to root again either using Universal Androot/EasyRoot or just flashing the .sbf version of sprecovery. Once rooted, just install sapphire via recovery console (update.zip)

Let me know how it goes, or if you need help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
K

kbomb97

Reaction score
Got it working now. Was scary for a little while there. Thanks