How does this rom compare to BB or SS?

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I have flashed BB v0.1 - v0.2.1 and now am on SS 4.1. I just wanted to know how this rom plays out amongst the other froyo roms available. On SS, I noticed it was a lot smoother than BB but had lower Quadrant scores than BB. I believe BB is a lot less smooth because of all the tweaks that pete has done. So, what are Kangerade's Quadrant scores and linpacks looking like on Kangerade compared to BB and SS. If anyone has flashed all three roms or two of the roms, can you please tell us the differences you have noticed between the roms?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Kangerade for me has been sluggish. But that's just been my experience, not sure about others.

OP
jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Kangerade for me has been sluggish. But that's just been my experience, not sure about others.

Thanks for the quick response. What froyo rom have you found to be the most stable thus far? For me, I feel like Chevy's SS has been very stable but I haven't really tried anything other than Bugless Beast. Also, is Kangerade more about the theme than the performance of the rom?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm can't really reccommend one to you, although I did try one of Chevy's 2.0.1 roms back in the day and it was fast. You probably cant go wrong with his.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
BB has been nothing but problems since Pete began his experimental phase... Haven't done SS 4.1 yet, but it is on my todo list.

I am currently using Kangerade and am VERY happy with it.. but I am currently getting 1200 on Quandrant (with 1.25GHz kernel ChevnyNo1)... I know, pretty sad... but alas, I am shrugging it off easily. This ROM is by far stable for Froyo... I dare you to find a more Stable ROM :p

OP
jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
BB has been nothing but problems since Pete began his experimental phase... Haven't done SS 4.1 yet, but it is on my todo list.

I am currently using Kangerade and am VERY happy with it.. but I am currently getting 1200 on Quandrant (with 1.25GHz kernel ChevnyNo1)... I know, pretty sad... but alas, I am shrugging it off easily. This ROM is by far stable for Froyo... I dare you to find a more Stable ROM :p

Yeah, I have really loved Bugless Beast since 2.0.1 but Pete has been trying out some very experimental stuff that he should have released to a test group instead of publicly. I really think his rom is still the best performance wise because I got quadrant scores around 1600-1700. In SS, I got quadrant scores around 1200-1300 so the same as Kangerade. I feel like Pete will still surprise me with his rom when a more stable source comes out but for now I want a stable rom. It seems like SS and Kangerade are stable and really its just about the theme so I might flash Kangerade tomorrow seeing as the themes look very good. Thanks for sharing your experience.

OP
jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I have yet to test out SS on a full day of battery, but how is the battery life with Kangerade?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Yeah, I have really loved Bugless Beast since 2.0.1 but Pete has been trying out some very experimental stuff that he should have released to a test group instead of publicly. I really think his rom is still the best performance wise because I got quadrant scores around 1600-1700. In SS, I got quadrant scores around 1200-1300 so the same as Kangerade. I feel like Pete will still surprise me with his rom when a more stable source comes out but for now I want a stable rom. It seems like SS and Kangerade are stable and really its just about the theme so I might flash Kangerade tomorrow seeing as the themes look very good. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Yea, it's funny, on pete's first Froyo ROM I got a 1689 on quadrant. I was impressed, even posted about it. But that's nothing compared to actually being able to use Froyo... I'm letting pete do his thing because, why not? He's learning lot's compared to me...

I praise him and everyone willing to dip their feet into froyo.. But at the end of the day?

JRUMMY: You have satisfied my Froyo needs beyond comparison. I will now do 5 droid dances for you:
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Stick with Jrummy for now for your main is my advice, and keep an eye on the rest cause it's interesting.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score

i just got a 1159 score on a 1ghz kernal (p3droid)

and it has been very stable for me but you might have a different experience than others

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

and it has been very stable for me but you might have a different experience than others

Sorry girly... I forgot to mention I'm getting about the same on quadrant for Kangerade...... if someone can fix? I like you... but if you can't? I'm using Kangerade and I will... not punch you lol :p

tiggerxplur

Reaction score

Sorry girly... I forgot to mention I'm getting about the same on quadrant for Kangerade...... if someone can fix? I like you... but if you can't? I'm using Kangerade and I will... not punch you lol :p

im not a girl and what are you talking about you confused me

OP
jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw

Reaction score

Yeah, I have no idea....

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

Yeah, I have no idea....

Woah LOL.. Sorry, my fiancé decided to make some 'modifications' to my comments. Upon review, that makes no sense at all ROFL..

Sigh, we like each other but..... nevermind :icon_ banana:

tiggerxplur

Reaction score

BACAbone

Reaction score
i have been running the cyan Kangerade for days with 1.25ghz kernel and my two Quadrant scores were both in the 1630's as of last night