how do u like the DNA?

beaky73

Reaction score
Hello to all. I was thinking of getting my wife the DNA, is it a good phone? She has a pantech now and hates it due to memory. She can only have 7 apps and no music. I have the s3 but she does not want the same phone as me so I thought the DNA would be nice. Any complaints? Thanks

beasleyj62

Reaction score
I have had the DNA for a week and in my opinion, it is awesome:) I have seen posts about battery and storage concerns but from personal experience, these are not major issues. I can get through a 12 hour work day with moderate use and still have 50% battery life. Storage is not a problem for me because I only have about 150 songs on the phone. The screen is sweet and the phone is super fast. I think its a great choice!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Shel

Reaction score
I've had my DNA for about two weeks, and love it!

The screen is simply stunning, the device is amazingly fast, and it feels great in your hand. I looked at the Samsung Note2, and while it does have some great features and a beautiful screen, I just couldn't see carrying it around all day! One thing you do more then anything else, with a cell phone, is CARRY IT! I also love the built in inductive (wireless) charging capabilities.

The DNA has two flaws, and you (or your wife) will have to decide if they're deal breakers.

No microSD slot, and only 16GB (11GB usable) of internal memory. I still have over 8GB of memory still available, but I've uploaded my photos to DropBox, using DropSync (a program that'll automatically upload photos taken with your camera to your DropBox account, so you don't need to worry about losing them, and you can have it delete the photos from your cell phone automatically, after upload, to save space). I've downloaded and installed every app and game that I want/need.

The 2nd flaw is non-removable battery. However, for my needs, I've been able to leave the house at around 7:30am, with a full charge, use the DNA quite a bit all day, and return home at around 10pm with a little over 20% battery still remaining.

Bottom line... get your wife a DNA, and she'll have a couple of weeks to decide if it works for HER needs.

It's a fantastic phone!

txter

Reaction score
With all that the cloud has to offer storage shouldn't be a problem the battery is just amazing. I still can't believe the hours I get out of it. The screen is just sick. You have extra time to think about but she will not be disappointed.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I love mine!

I'll like it even better come January, when Seidio cases are available.

Battery life was my biggest concern before I got it, that has turned out to be a non-issue. I have plenty of juice left at the end of the day. I admit, I don't do a lot of gaming or video watching, just texts, emails and phone calls...

Overall, I'd say this is the best phone I've ever had.

pctdavis

Reaction score
Quick question:
How much of the 2GB RAM does the phone use up? Does HTC sense chew a lot of this up?

Red meat is not bad for you. Green fuzzy meat is bad for you!

Cripton805

Reaction score
People will flame me for this, but women seem to like the iPhone better. It's smaller and straight forward.
I wouldn't let my girl get one for the longest. I got tired of the nagging and I gave in because they at least added the 4g.

Or better yet, just let her pick the phone.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
People will flame me for this, but women seem to like the iPhone better. It's smaller and straight forward.
I wouldn't let my girl get one for the longest. I got tired of the nagging and I gave in because they at least added the 4g.

Or better yet, just let her pick the phone.
true and women also dont drive well at night too:p

OP
B

beaky73

Reaction score
We hate apple products. Also last time she picked out her own phone she came home with a pantech. I am going with the dna for her.

EyeDocJerry

Reaction score
I currently have a Droid X, and thinking hard about upgrading to the DNA. A few questions to my new friends: Is the HTC UI Sense hard to get used to? For guys, is the DNA too large and uncomfortable to fit into a jeans pocket? I don't like the "holster look". I would think a cover would make it even more bulky? Thanks, in advance.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
true and women also dont drive well at night too:p

Excellent conservation. But you don't need that final "too", you already said "also".

Better to simply say that women don't drive very well. They also generally like iPhones better. They're not usually very bright.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I currently have a Droid X, and thinking hard about upgrading to the DNA. A few questions to my new friends: Is the HTC UI Sense hard to get used to? For guys, is the DNA too large and uncomfortable to fit into a jeans pocket? I don't like the "holster look". I would think a cover would make it even more bulky? Thanks, in advance.

I really like Sense, but that's a personal preference thing. Like it or hate it, I'd say it's not difficult to get used to.

I would not even try to fit this phone in my pocket, but I think that's just my personal preference. I didn't keep any of my phones in my pocket, I've used a holster even for my OG Droid.

But this phone, as sleek as it is, is rather too large to fit comfortable in a pocket IMHO.

txter

Reaction score

I seem to like the UI. I also have Nova and Next launchers installed. I switch back and forth for a new feel. I like all of them. Actually for the size I find myself patting my pockets cause I can't tell what pocket its in. Its so thin and light that I forget its in my pocket. When I was at the store buying the DNA I asked for a dummy phone so I could put it in my pocket and see how it feels. I got a funny look from the guy till he figured out what I meant. I really don't think you'll be disappointed.