how do u like the DNA?

mdsco

Reaction score
What were they thinking just as they are phasing out unlimited data they try to push us to more cloud based storage and no sd card. I can not for the life of me figure out why only 16g.

ScottAlan

Reaction score
iPhone was far from first

Hate Apple? Really? If it weren't for Apple and the boys and girls in Cupertino, there would be no smart phones. The iphone was the first---they had the concept, the development, etc and set the tone. Same with tablets....it was the ipad that made people realize how cool this invention was and is. And don't even bring up ipods, and how they changed the world. hate Apple? Huh?

EyeDocJerry

I was using smartphones long before Apple. Iphones hit the market in early 2007. PDAs launched the idea probably the most popular were Pam Pilots. In 2003 "smartphones" were becoming popular. My first was a Samsung based palm phone. Palm Treos and blackberrys were getting popular. By 2005 I switched over to Windows mobile phones being made by HTC, Samsung, and a lot of other manufacturers. I had internet and GPS on my phone years before iphones.

Apple didn't invent the smartphone. They were marketing geniuses when it came to making the smartphone appealing to the masses. Up until then it was for geeks or high end business users. Yes Apple is very inventive too (tablets/ipods/Newton PDAs), but the iphone was not their invention. They took the concept put a great OS on it, and marketed it to the world. Steve Jobs and his team are visionaries, but they also know how to take a good idea and sell it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for itunes the iphone would have never taken off, itunes is what saved Apple.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

potentcocktail

Reaction score
For some reason I can't get YouTube to work on my Droid DNA. I've tried using WiFi and 4G. Either way, the videos either don't play or stall after a couple seconds. Anyone else having this problem?

cp24eva

Reaction score
Mine works fine but for some reason on Wi-Fi I have to put it to non HD fire it to pay uninterrupted. On lte, so smooth

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Psykho

Reaction score
For some reason I can't get YouTube to work on my Droid DNA. I've tried using WiFi and 4G. Either way, the videos either don't play or stall after a couple seconds. Anyone else having this problem?

That stinks. That is one of the things that makes me the happiest about this phone is how fast YouTube opens and plays videos with almost no buffering once its loaded...

potentcocktail

Reaction score
Looks like I solved the problem by doing a factory reset. I have a suspicion that my combination of using Ghost Commander to stream large videos from my PC over a Samba share, and viewing them with MX Player might have caused my graphics chip to barf, turning off the hardware acceleration. That to me seems like a plausible explanation, since at the same time I couldn't watch any videos, I couldn't record any videos with my camera either. Anyway, hope this helps someone in the future.

That stinks. That is one of the things that makes me the happiest about this phone is how fast YouTube opens and plays videos with almost no buffering once its loaded...

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Wow only 16gb memory and no microsd card slot? That may make this phone a no buy for me. Yeah the performance sounds great but why did HTC get stingy with internal memory and no way to expand it? Yes, you can use USB dongles but I really don't want to have to carry those with me when I travel. I currently have the Nexus (4G LTE) and it has no microsd card slot but it does have 32gb of storage. Hmm..I will have to sit down and think about it.

Verizon was the one who mandated the 16gb of storage not HTC.