How do I get gingerbread? I used Z4 to root awhile back on my Droid 2...

leukram

Reaction score
There's no need to backup system data. It will most likely conflict with a different system. I've never restored system data, only apps.

CM7GB-602

Thanks for all your help!

Well, I went ahead and performed the sbf flash. I used the download provided by zedomax from the video, and I followed his instructions given in the video. His download uses RSD Lite (ver. 4.7). I did this on a machine running Windows 7 Professional 64bit. When I first attempted it, I kept getting "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite. I closed the program, right clicked and selected Troubleshoot Compatibility. It suggested running under Windows XP SP2 compatibility. RSD Lite then worked flawlessly. After the flash was completed, and the phone rebooted, I was surprised to see that all my apps and settings were still intact. Based on all my research, I thought that they would all be wiped. The only thing that was different was that I no longer had root. I then activated my phone by dialing *228 and hitting 1 when prompted. That went fine. Finally, I applied the OTA update, and it went without a hitch. So, I couldn't be happier by how this all worked out.

ldopa, is it unusual for the apps to still be there? Any ideas as to why they didn't get wiped?

Also, will we have this problem every time an OTA update comes out if we have rooted our phone? Is the One Click Method reversible? I know I deleted NFS (Need For Speed) after I rooted my phone with z4root. It is the only stock app that I deleted, and it is probably what made the update fail. So, if I root my phone with One Click Method and don't delete any stock apps, will I be better off if a new OTA update comes up?

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes it is unusual, at least in my experience. I've sbfd numerous times and each time, I'm back to bone stock (and the basic stock apps and bloatware that come with it).

CM7GB-602

seventurns9

Reaction score
Yes free wifi is gone from what i got but you want to make sure you unroot before updating i am now caught in a problem with rooting with Z4 root and updated before i could unroot now i need to flash sbf and use the one click root.. try it hopefully it works.
So you actually had a z4-rooted froyo and did the OTA update without unrooting first and you ran into problems? Did you have a bootstrapper installed prior to doing the update (like Droid 2 Bootstrapper or Clock Work Mod Recovery)? Not sure what you are getting at with the "wifi is gone" comment :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to listen to me, but I think it's a great idea to sbf before taking the ota. It will ensure a clean and stable install.

CM7GB-602

Riayoko

Reaction score
Okay so now im having an issue with wifi/phone internet connection..I flashed with an sbf back to 2.2 then updated to 2.3.3 rooted with one click root and everything was fine I tried to wifi with laptop and I cannot connect to internet then phone starts acting crazy and on both phone and computer while open garden wifi was on I get a vzw page about pay 20 dollar for internet service can anyone help me with this problem?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Riayoko

Reaction score
So you actually had a z4-rooted froyo and did the OTA update without unrooting first and you ran into problems? Did you have a bootstrapper installed prior to doing the update (like Droid 2 Bootstrapper or Clock Work Mod Recovery)? Not sure what you are getting at with the "wifi is gone" comment :)

Yeah I did make mistake :) I rooted and superuser that's it and I was saying wifi is gone for z4root if you updated before unrooting only fix for that is flashing sbf from what I have found and everything went good for me until...ya read my prior post for help im stuck there..if I hadn't rooted id had no problems but wifi is not working with open garden tether now

Riayoko

Reaction score
Not sure what ya mean please explain a bit.. not too good with terms this is what I did hooked the phone up in rsdlite went into bootldr flashed when it was done I went in the damn lost the term but hold x and power on wiped data and cache then hit the reset/factory and tada then updated and rooted.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you done a hard reset since you did the install? May be an issue since you didn't do it from a clean setup.

As to leuk above, you didn't lose your apps because you didn't do a cache/data wipe after you SBFed. Glad it hasn't caused any issues yet though.

When I sbf, I usually don't have to wipe data (reset) and my Apps are usually wiped. I find it strange that his were still there.

CM7GB-602

Riayoko

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this issue?

destinybay

Reaction score
Thank you

I am a newbie to rooting with my Droid 2. I was terrified to upgrade, but you made it so easy. I did sbf for the first time, then the gb update, then rooted again. I can't stop giggling...*G*

Thank you so, so much for making it easy for newbies like me.

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:)

tygerchylde

Reaction score
So, I keep getting a reenumeration error everytime I try to sbf to stock. Supposedly, this is caused by using usb 1.1 ports. My comp is dead and my girlfriend's is old and only has 1.1 ports. I used z4root to root originally, so I unrooted and uninstalled all my rooted apps, and still can't update. It fails every time. Any suggestions? I want to update to liberty gb...

half_pint001

Reaction score
cant root using droid 3 method

i have tried it several times and nothing works i even downloaded the one click 2 different times. every time i try it i just get the bootloader on my phone saying d2.37 and that the battery is ok and so on. the one click on the computer wont move past the reboot step which is step 1. i dont know if there is answer for this already but i am getting a little frustrated and beyond the point of trying to look right now, so does anyone have answer to solve my problem or direct me to a solution. any help would be appreciated.

tygerchylde

Reaction score
I unfroze everything, and I don't think I have any system files changed...wait, would putting ringtones into the root media folder (sustem>media>audio>ringtones) make any difference? Also, I changed my boot logo to a custom logo. Would that matter?

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Woo-Hoo!
I SBF'd, the phone stuck on bootloader like it has everytime it gets restarted while plugged into usb. I unplug and boot(that's the usual process) but now I'm stuck at the liberty boot logo.

Was on froyo and rooted with z4, running liberty 1.5

Edit: Took some initiative and took the battery out and restart holding x to get into factory recovery, go to wipe data/factory reset. That seems to have got it working.

Leaving this up in case it helps anyone else

Last edited: