Droid 2 just will not root... Help please?

MisterMartian

Reaction score
Ok, so I rooted it before. All of my Droid phones have been rooted and I've never had this problem before. I've had an Eris an Incredible a X and now the Droid 2... but for some reason after the Gingerbread update, I can't root.

I know z4 Root doesn't work, so I did some other research and found the 1, 2, 3 Root For Droid 3
[ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)

but I'm having a problem... I asked for help there, but no one responded. Maybe one of your guys can assist me.

Whenever I run the .bat file, it says *server not responding* or *Not on server* or something like that... what am I doing wrong?

It will say "Running Exploit"
*server not responding*

It restarts my phone...

same thing for the next step...

then when it's all over, my phone is not rooted.

I've rooted my phone plenty of times before. I know the z4 root isn't working with the Gingerbread update. I'm trying to use my parents old ****ty XP computer and it will be the only computer I have for like, a month. USB Debugging is on, It's in charge only mode. What the heck am I doing wrong? It's really frustrating for this not to work.

leftspin

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid X twice using the D3 one click. The first time I did it, it gave me the server not responding message each time it rebooted the phone and at the end it was rooted anyway, so I'm not sure why it's causing such a problem for you. It definitely can't hurt to make sure you have the right drivers for your phone installed (so just find the drivers and install them, even if they're already there it won't hurt). Also try using a different cable if you can, and a different USB port. Hope that helps!

OP
M

MisterMartian

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried to run Titanium and it said I wasn't root. I'll try your suggests and report back. I downloaded the drives it said I needed for the Droid 2... Maybe I will download them again.

Double checked and made sure I was running the correct drivers. I'm running 5.2.0 which is what the site says I need. I uninstalled the and reinstalled them. Nothing.

OP
M

MisterMartian

Reaction score
Completely wiped the drivers from my comp and reinstalled them before plugging my phone it, I didn't get the *server not running* message the first exploit, but I did the second. Tried running Titanium again and still nothing. This is extremely frustrating. I even went out and bought another new chord.

Update: Tried running it again and now I'm just getting the server error again...

leftspin

Reaction score
I forgot about that method haha, glad you got it working

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums