Root with no pc?

shrap707

Reaction score
This is my first post nd I am fairly new to the android scene, but basically I would like to know if there is a way to root my phone without using a computer as I don't have one ( my droid 2 is my computer!!!). I tried the z4root but then learned it wouldn't work cuz I updated to gingerbread. After that I tried the GingerBreak v.1.2 wich doesn't work it just keeps attempting to root...for a bout 2 hours. Yes usb debugging is on and sd card is mounted. Any help would b greatly appreciated! TY

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

joncann

Reaction score
Z4root was the ****! I'm in the same boat. Recently had to replace my r2-d2 and I had forgotten how much I hated the bloat on this bad boy. Need to root it soon or I'm going to explode.

Squeak87

Reaction score
I am having the same exact problem with my Droid 2. I am running Gingerbread 2.3.3 and cannot seem to root it.

sent from my Droid 2

joncann

Reaction score
I had to borrow a computer and root my phone squeak. Really the only way to do it with the new gingerbread.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Only way to root is with a computer, unless you're on Froyo

CM9

Squeak87

Reaction score
I also tried rooting it from my computer but it freezes after exploit 1 when trying to reboot phone, and phone is stuck at bootloader screen.

sent from my Droid 2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did the phone have any water damage or anything hardware related?

What root method? What GB version were you on?

CM9

Squeak87

Reaction score
I bought the phone used but it has no water damage and no hardware damage, it has been working great. I tried using almost every root method out there. Gingerbreak, Petes Tools, and SuperOneClick are a few I have tried. I am running GB 2.3.3

sent from my Droid 2

joncann

Reaction score
Is your phone set to charge only? I bricked my first R2-D2 unrootting while not having it in charge only. That might be your issue.

Squeak87

Reaction score
Well the tutorials say to have it in PC Mode but I have tried Charge Only Mode with the same results. I believe it is my data cable because it is for an LG phone.

sent from my Droid 2

joncann

Reaction score
Follow the instructions specific to the method you are using. They are not going to all be the same. I used Pete's Root Tools and it worked perfectly. I also had it in charge only mode. My concern - and I am by no means and expert. Is that since you have tried so many different method things might be muddled. I would try and get your phone back to stock before you start playing with it again. It is difficult to completely brick a D2 but it is not impossible. Don't cut corners. Look at every detail in the instructions. Once again my advice is to start over. I don't know how to fix it but if you search this forum and others you should be able to find an answer.

Squeak87

Reaction score
::Update:: Finally got my Droid 2 rooted, I tried different root tools and computers but could not root GB 2.3.3, so I flashed back to Froyo 2.2 and from there I installed z4root and was rooted within a minute.

newandroidfan

Reaction score
This is my first post nd I am fairly new to the android scene, but basically I would like to know if there is a way to root my phone without using a computer as I don't have one ( my droid 2 is my computer!!!). I tried the z4root but then learned it wouldn't work cuz I updated to gingerbread. After that I tried the GingerBreak v.1.2 wich doesn't work it just keeps attempting to root...for a bout 2 hours. Yes usb debugging is on and sd card is mounted. Any help would b greatly appreciated! TY

Tired of rooting your device via Odin and OneclickRoot and still remain unrooted? Check out the Framaroot App right here How To Root Your Device Via FramaRoot Without Using PC - Techies Net that will root your device within 5 seconds without changing your kernel or recovery. All this is possible even without touching your computer.