How can I make my X's battery last in a 13 hour Plane ride...?

ReDDS

Reaction score
I'll be going to shanghai soon, from the US, and I was just wondering, I'll be bored on the plane and all, and I was hoping I can spend the ride playing emulator games and such...

But...it's a 13hr plane ride, and I highly doubt my X can last that long with pure gaming, obviously, take some time out for me sleeping, and it's maybe 7-8 hours.....

I have Liberty ROM 2.0.1, and ofcourse I will be on airplane mode, so that should save some battery, but do you guys have any other tips that will make my battery last even longer without slowing the phone down substantially (so, I will underclock, but I don't want to underclock to a speed that can't handle gameboid or snesoid smoothly...)

Thanks for the help guys!

Shark0311

Reaction score
I use a Brunton inspire. This will get you an additional 2.5 charges. You may want to consider the Brunton sync or Brunton Sustain if 2.5 charges is not enough capacity.

OP
R

ReDDS

Reaction score
I use a Brunton inspire. This will get you an additional 2.5 charges. You may want to consider the Brunton sync or Brunton Sustain if 2.5 charges is not enough capacity.

I do like this! However, I don't know if I want to spend ~$50 on it just yet...but I will definitely keep this in mind. Who knows

Snow02

Reaction score
Having the cellular radio off saves more battery than you think.

csimo

Reaction score
If you don't have the extended battery buy one. You'll have that and keep the original battery (charged of course) with you. 13 hours is no problem.

-Joe

OP
R

ReDDS

Reaction score
Having the cellular radio off saves more battery than you think.

By that you mean...airplane mode..?

Well, I haven't used it much, but from the times I have used it, I've noticed it increases my battery life by maybe 20%....

Gunslinger

Reaction score
If you can nab a window seat, you can close the shade and turn your brightness all the way down...should add another hour or two.

OP
R

ReDDS

Reaction score
If you can nab a window seat, you can close the shade and turn your brightness all the way down...should add another hour or two.

My brightness is always down when not charging, as low as it can be

dgerej

Reaction score
DL widgetsoid from the market. U will be able to disable your gps and more.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
The easy answer is the obvious one. Get a second battery and don't worry about it.

cece5702

Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing. Just turn your phone off. Is it really necessary to have your phone on during your plane ride? I heard that if you put in in airplane mode that may help. Good luck!:)
or turn your phone off and sleep for 10 hours...

Beka27

Reaction score
The easy answer is the obvious one. Get a second battery and don't worry about it.

Yup.

You also might want to disable any updates, remove widgets that are unnecessary. Completely dismantle your phone for any single thing that will decrease battery life.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No laptop to charge off of?