Hotspot / PDAnet / Wifi Tether

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Is anyone sucessfully using Hotspot / PDAnet / Wifi Tether

my friend is seeing troubles with Hotspot and PDAnet..

Wifi Tether worked great on my INC.. im not rooted yet.. kinda just waiting til i need to.. dont want to miss any critical system updates..

thanks

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The built in hotspot on my Thunderbolt works great. What's issues is he having exactly?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I find PdaNet even faster than HotSpot...

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
hotspot worked great for me. 2.4 mbytes/sec downloads constantly.

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
we were testing it with my phone too.. it was having a hard time keeping an LTE connection.. got home and tried it and it was stable... maybe just a fluke..

its free right now isnt it?? do we know when that is ending???

thanks

jimmiem

Reaction score
WiFi Tether working flawlessly for me, and I had a lot of issues using WiFi Tether on my OG Droid.

Setting back to factory is so simple there's no real reason not to root. You can keep the stock image on your SD card and flash it whenever you need it. You just need a good backup to put everything back after an update and you're all set.

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
WiFi Tether working flawlessly for me, and I had a lot of issues using WiFi Tether on my OG Droid.

Setting back to factory is so simple there's no real reason not to root. You can keep the stock image on your SD card and flash it whenever you need it. You just need a good backup to put everything back after an update and you're all set.

it sounds like a good plan... is there a decent how to for this??

Jumper2501

Reaction score
I'll jump in, too. I'm in a 4G area for the first time since picking up the TB on release day. At first, I had spotty connection, too. I restarted the phone and...I'm amazed. This is really what I had hoped for. :icon_ banana: I'm going to hate to travel back home to a non-4G area in a few days.

If PDANet seems even faster, hmmm....